Denki Kaminari × Reader: Of Course

Art is by yours truly :)

Song: Can't take my eyes off  of you- Cover by Morten Harket

[Also, I was thinking about mixing up the book cover. Do you guys like it or should I change it?]

(10 Years Ago)

The rain tapped on your window as it fell from the clouds. You stayed tucked in your sheets, eyes open as you listened to the occasional crack of thunder as it roared through the sky. You rolled over, your parents had gone to bed, which was indicated by the lack of light that failed to seep from under your door. The winds were picking up, storms never frightened you, in fact, you enjoyed them. It was somehow calming, the only downside being that they made you feel almost too relaxed.

*knock knock knock*

You slightly raised your head, hearing the tap on your door as it swung open. You watched as a small Pikachu onesie came into view. "(Y/n)? Are you awake?" A faint whisper emerged from the figure. "Mhmm." You replied, sitting up as the door was closed and the boy slowly came closer and closer to you. His golden yellow eyes shimmered in the moonlit room as he pulled himself up onto the foot of your bed. "It's loud outside..." He commented, scooting over next to you and tucking his legs under the blanket.

"You are gonna be that loud one day." You joked, hearing a small giggle escape his mouth. "It will be awhile...second grade seems like it lasts forever." You shrugged, wrapping yourself back up in the blankets as you laid back down. "Mommy said to enjoy being a kid Denki. Things get hard when you grow up."

"I'm ready for it though!" Denki flopped down next to you, rolling on his side so he faced you. "At least when you are older you can do what you want!"

"I guess, but you are on your own. No one really takes care of you later on..."

He scoffed, "That's silly! I'll always take care of you. Just like you will always care about me!" Denki's goofy grin made you chuckle as you tucked yourself further into the warm sheets. "What? You will won't you?" His face seemed worried and you playfully poked his forehead. "Of course I will dummy. But we have school tomorrow and I need sleep." You both froze as you heard the floor squeak. Slamming your eyes shut, you buried your heads into the pillows as the door opened, the voice of Denki's mother ringing in your ears.

"Oh, here he is. I told you he wouldn't have gone far." She whispered. The footsteps approached you both as she tucked him into the sheets and it seemed his father was doing the same to you as well. "They have always done this, I don't know why it still surprises us." He said, You noticing the Denki was peaking one eye open and looking at you as he resisted the urge to smile. "We should let them rest then. Lord knows (Y/n)'s parents wouldn't be too happy if she was exhausted for school tomorrow."

The footsteps faded away as the door closed, your eyes opening once again to see Denki on the verge of breaking down in laughter. "Denki...be quiet!" You urged with a whisper. He seemed to swallow the laugh and dim it to a chuckle, "Sorry, it was funny how they didn't even notice." With a smile, you had to agree, it was quite close. "We do need to get to bed though." You suggested, Denki nodding and scooting a bit closer to you before he replied. "Goodnight (Y/n)."

"Goodnight Denki."

(Present Day)

The clock ticked on as you tried with all your power to focus on the Pre-Test that seemed to be bearing into your soul and tearing your heart to shreds. You slightly lifted your head up, the desks were arranged in a circle around the room, Aizawa diligently working on his own things as every student looked like they had just seen a ghost. While Momo and Iida seemed to be okay, you couldn't help but notice that even they seemed stumped on a few questions which no doubt made everyone else a lot more nervous.