Chromaticity Chronicles (5)

(5) Nightly Sage Rebirth

Some of those nights always managed to mold a certain piece of the palace. More precious than gold, more humbling than diamonds.

The young servant girl was just doing her nightly shift, doing some last minute laundry or patrolling the grounds for any suspicious activity. And that was what led her to these moments in the night, when the moon was whole once more and dominated the sky from its titan counterpart.

It started off low, a deep cadence that ears of a average person couldn't pick up. She walked along the hallways, long perfected her strut to be cushioned and cotton against the shiny, cackling floors. Her neck craned up to the ceiling, momentarily closing her eyes to gather what little strength she had left. It truly felt like her head would pop off of her shoulders like a child's doll and roll onto the floor to be swept aside.

However, she didn't realize that the creaking noise wasn't her spine being slithered back into place by her quivering hand. No, it wouldn't have sent such a bellowing vibration in her body. It felt like someone's bold hand grasping her vertebrae and drumming their fingers on each ring of bone. Her skin nearly rolled off her bones at that point.

Who was playing such a sublime melody?

She shouldn't have let her curiosity wire her muddled brain as easy and it did. A part of her mind nearly succumbed to Tartarus as she crawled on her toes towards the grand doors of the ballroom.

But her heart...

His majesty, Emperor Apollo rarely was seen in anything other than his royal attire which consisted of silk and cashmere drapes that swished around his godly figure like a calm tide to an island's shore. The world's most lavish metals dripped down his fingertips, always leaving behind a slight trace of his deific person.

It was now that under twilight's reign, with no Sun or daylight to unveil what was hidden beneath the sweltering shadows, that Apollo was stripped raw from his excellency in the most glorious way.

Seemed almost like a rebirth in her hazy mind. The white linen shirt that Apollo donned was airy and bounced against his tone chest as the late breeze makes steady trips through his sleeve pockets. His pants didn't say snuggly against his claves as they usually did. This time they were sitting calmly as the gentle swaying of the pouch fabric rotated around them.

The girl's heart bled with soft thumps of hushed arteries as Apollo's lips created the most complex yet genius collaboration of music that she had ever heard.

The halcyon trumpet in his hands was dusted with his fingerprints and lip stains. Although it was manhandled to a exhausted degree, it kept on producing those broad bucolic tunes that took sharp turns and rooted pitches. Against the background of silence and serenity, it was the grandmaster of the air in the environment.

It seemed to work well to entrance the other person in the room as well...

Sage Chrysanthemums opened their petals in adoration in Apollo's irises as his wife stood a few feet away from his stage.

The simple nightie that covered the Empress was minimalistic, like the simple twirls and twisting of her arms were as she performed. Hemera cared not for her bare feet sliding across the marble sea of the ballroom as her slippers were tossed to the side. Rather, she bathed in the lovely rain of green and showers of melody that swirled around her like a ribbon of silk.

It went on for hours, even if his throat was patched and her feet developed blisters, they still had that raw look in their eyes.

Yes, it was moments like these, when the Sun and the rest of its subjects submerge beneath the water line of the horizon and its sister ascends in their place that forged an unknown element to mankind, no less godhood.

It was lucid, it was green. It was real.

Forever and always.