Chapter 10 Analysis

Well then...

Aurora made back from Olympus safe!

Physically...

Her interaction with Thanatos obviously left an imprint in her mind that has shaken her up. She has obvious frustration with how the first meeting went. So many doubt and mistakes clouded her mind when she was trying to explain to Conrad what happened, who by the way was having a heart attack.

And then she showcases her fear. Fear of being found and taken back to him, for insulting him. She knows that Conrad and Hecate can not do a thing to go against Thanatos, he is the emperor and they are beneath them. This scares Aurora because she has know to truly defend her and be by her side while facing Thanatos.

The fact that Aurora didn't fully disclose what went on between her and Thanatos presents the fact of her being self-conscious about herself. She she would have said exactly what she'd felt when she was with Thanatos, how would they look at her? Would she just seem like another naïve girl that falls head first into the wolf's den? No, Aurora was going to resist the feeling any chance she gets.

It is also very... personal to confined in someone, let alone a goddess and your teacher of something so- personal that really questions your state of mind.

When Aurora told them about how she had insulted Thanatos, and Hecate's nonchalant response towards it. She knew something like this would happen, she didn't need visions to tell her that Aurora would make their first meeting memorable. Cursing out the emperor sounds like something a spitfire like Aurora would do. It is true to her nature to defend herself through words and quick wit. Just like Thanatos.

However, Conrad may just have had a seizure when he heard the news but calmed down when he realized he might not be able to find Aurora since Hecate was able to hide the portal he sent to her. That is until Aurora babbled that she told him she was a student of his.

Very big problem indeed, for Aurora that is.

Hecate doesn't seem to mind that he could know her exact location- or that she insulted the emperor. All that she wants to know was why she said that.

It's very important to comprehend how Hecate thinks because she is very observing of everything and everyone around her. And she knows Aurora is not one to indulge about herself to a person. Let only a stranger. Now, she's getting excited because she knows that something in Aurora changed when she first laid eyes on Thanatos.

Aurora's explanation of not knowing what other lie to say confirmed it. Aurora was so wrapped up in how Thanatos acted and his looks, that she couldn't make up a good lie. And Hecate cornered her for that. But of course, Aurora was not going to let the goddess get away with that.

She is lying to herself and the others about her first feelings about Thanatos. It's true she does think of him as an asshole, but hat deep sensation she felt in her stomach when she talked to him, even looked at him was indescribable. And it truly frightens her. True feelings that she can not control is her greatest fear. Not being in control.