Civet's Onyx Mischievousness

Synopsis:
Aurora's been distracted by her workload as of late, and someone has been starting to notice. And what shall our favorite deity from the underworld do about it? Why, walk all over the nuisance with his cute little paws of course!

Wait,

...Paws?

Thanatos truly wanted to rip his entire mane mane from the roots of his skull

All he wanted was to come home after a long day of work and cuddle into the plush chest of his beloved angel. That all he asked for!

But instead, as he trudged into their shared chambers, the soles of his feet moaned against the withered leather of his boots, he narrowed his gaze at the empty bed. Silk sheets were untouched, the maids having made them earlier and no one disrupted its smooth fabric with wrinkles of body warmth. He unclasped his cloak, the large ruby at the center glittered in the somber late afternoon. The palace was quiet, which he normally liked. He normally liked the quiet with a certain someone by his side.

"My Lord?" A kind, elderly voice shook him from his thoughts as he turned towards the entrance way.

Opis stood by the doorway, his hands were neatly clasped behind his back as he smiled at his master. "How was your day? Did the mission go as planned?"

A grunt was the response he received. But he didn't take it to heart. Opis knew that Thanatos was usually too exhausted to partake in a full conversation after one of his duties. He sometimes gave a curt nod in greeting to the staff and locked himself inside his chambers for the rest of the night. However, now that times have changed, the god of Death seemed to have a different gleam in his eyes when he returned home.

There was exhaustion, yes, but there was something new in his being. Blitheness.

He now didn't enter a home where hundreds of girls grappled after his attention, solely his attention and status. To indulge in a mere night's pleasure and to be sent off with a temporary and delusional thought of connection.

No, now there was only one woman that he was thrilled to see after a long treacherous day. Whose wit and humor tickled his ribs and laughter that flushed his cheeks in powder. Her love and adoration for him caressed his soul, made him feel light and airy like a sponge cake. He was on a all time high whenever he was around her.

Although, as Opis observed his master's behavior, he noticed that Thanatos didn't seem very thrilled. A scoff had carved itself onto his face as he glared, cross armed at the bed. The empty, made bed.

Then it clicked, "My Lord, are you perhaps looking for Lady Aurora?"

If he wasn't watching him so intently he might have missed the slow nod of Thanatos' head. He looked giant in the warm glow that broke through the open balcony doors. The sunset glided its fresh colors down his wide leather-clad back. He stood with a perfect posture, his head tilted downwards in a slight hint at disapproval.