Disco In Ebony

Jab, Hook, Uppercut

Repeat

The punching bag flung around with every hit it took. The chains rattling, desperately trying to hold the giant bag of weight to the ceiling.

Sweat poured down my temple. My eyes fixed solely on the target in front of me. I imagined it like my opponent. Funny, Ares' head would look good on the body of the bag.

Cross

The punching bag barely stood still after the blow. The once red paint is now chipped and claw marks litter it's deformed body like bruises. I circled it slowly, then pounced.

Punch after punch, my arms were getting exhausted, my legs were shaking. I had to, no, need to keep on going.

Hook, Jab, Cross

Repeat.

My muscles were wailing with tension. My knees were buckling from all the weight it has to hold.

But, I had to keep on going. I didn't even notice my brother enter the training room. He started calling my name, but all I heard was the chains rattling. Hook, Jab, Cross. Repeat.

"Thanatos? Thantos! THANATOS!"

The punching went flying, crashing into the wall behind it making an indent. The silence was all I heard, along with my rapid breathing. I felt as if I was on fire, even when I was only wearing my boxing shorts. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Thanatos" I heard Hypnos say softly, as to not aggravate me further. I sighed and shook his hand off, letting it fall limply to his side. I walked over to one of the benches and took a soaked towel and pressed my face against it.

The cool sensation making my skin tingle. I rubbed the towel on my torso, further relaxing the worn out tendons. I felt him behind me. I rolled my eyes, "What is it Hypnos?"

I looked at the mirror in front of me, my red eyes meeting his orange ones. Even though he acted as nothing affected him I could still see it. In his eyes, the worry and the fear for me. In a flash, those emotions disappeared, leaving an empty barren desert in his orbs.

He smiled at me, "It looks to me as if your knocking yourself out rather than the punching bag."

He nudged his head in the direction of the hole in the wall. "Opis will surely have a fit when he discovers this."

I snorted and grabbed a water bottle and lifted it to my chapped lips. The water flowed through my parched throat, relishing it with its icy touch. Hypnos crossed his arms and stared at me, "You're being quieter than usual."

"Is there a problem with that?" Hypnos paused and treaded his words carefully, "No, it's just your more energetic than this at times, if anything I should be the one not speaking, not you."

He does have a point. I'm the outgoing one while Hypnos tends to think more about the cautions rather than make impulsive decisions as I do. We were a dynamic duo, I guess surviving the Tundra can do that to people.

We've been through it all, thick and thin. No matter what happens, Hypnos will always be my brother and my best friend. Yes, there's Poseidon but the sea god isn't someone I can confound in to talk to about things.