Secrets Craved In Sapphire

Everything was set. This was it.

After years of planning, crossing out ideas, and avoiding mistakes, they have come up with a foolproof plan.

It was another ordinary night at the frozen hell I call home, Tundra. Where temperatures drop so low that not even the thickest of furs could stop the frigid cold from pricking your skin. Whereas the snow, should be light and fluffy, is heavy and tough; made to create blackeyes if any were thrown at you.

I was sitting in the living room reading some ancient scrolls about manipulation construction. The warmth of the fireplace across from me gave off heat that transferred into my body. Hypnos was beside me, reading a scroll of his own, something about the REM cycle if I'm not mistaken.

We thought it was a lucky night, no parties were held, no need to force acidic drinks down our throats while mingling with guests. No need to slip out to entertain some of our mother's friends, and no need to be shown off like a bunch of auction prizes that weren't for sale.

Yes, it was a lucky night so far. At least, until a few moments ago.

I sensed my mother arriving into the room. The glow from the fire dimmed, the flame whipping around trying to find some stability in keeping it alive and strong. The temperature dropped a few degrees.

Nyx strutted in, her dress the color of midnight dragged behind her while her silver crown rested perfectly on top of her braided head. Her yellow eyes stood out like two spotlights in the darkness as they examined our forms.

Her lips tilted upwards into a smile that could easily win any man over and make them do her bidding. There was no question that Nyx was beautiful. With pale features, high cheekbones and silky black hair the hue of a dark mysterious night, any man would want to capture her attention.

Unfortunately, her beauty comes to her advantage in most cases, whether it be to satisfy her needs while Erebus is away or simply getting something out of a deal, anything is possible for the Queen of the Night.

Her posture was straight and never even in the slightest bent, 'A Queen must always be full of grace and skilled with class, just as princes should be' she once said.

"My little dark princes," She spoke. Her tone gliding through the cold breeze that slithered its way inside. "It's time to fulfill your destinies and bring back our rightful place on the throne from those barbarians."

Barbarians meaning her sister, Gaia's, brood. We were just as royal as them, though being Olympians gave them a headstart to the top, leaving our family, the Old Family in second place.

I stood up and fixed my posture as did my twin, always needing to look picture perfect in front of our mother. Like two soldiers ready at her beck and call.

Another figure came walking towards us, one we knew all too well.

Cronus didn't look a day over his many decades of living. Still the same muscled god with a towering height that now is below our own. The only thing that has changed is the stream of gray hairs that strike through his thick mane.

Overall, our cousin looked his finest and I could tell from his grin and calculating eyes that something was going to happen tonight.

Something big.

And gods were we right.

**********************************

The two young gods looked on to the older beings in front of them, wondering what could they want now.

Nyx was smiling; as if that wasn't scary enough, Cronus had a huge smile spread across his face like a child in a toy store.

"Tonight boys, you become men," Cronus started. "Now that the plan has been set, all you two need to do is put it in motion."