(45) Confession in a field of flowers

Erik POV

"So, what do you want to do?" Jeremy asked me as we were walking away from the diner.
"I don't really know. How about we go for a simple walk? Maybe show me bits and pieces of the town" I said with a wink.
"We can go into the park. It's really pretty there" Jeremy said, looking up at me.
"Sure, lead the way"

I followed him into the park.
"So... Is there a specific place you wanted to go to, or are we just strolling around?"
"I do know a nice place we could go to. There a really nice 'open' spot filled with flowers near the forest. We could go there if you'd like"
"That sounds really nice. So yeah, let's go there"

We got there after a good few minutes.
"We're here" Jeremy said as he showed me the place he was talking about.
"It's beautiful here!" I said, not knowing where to look because of all the things to see here.
"Just like you..." I heard Jeremy whisper, probably not meant for me to hear him.

"O? You really think so?" I asked as I turned around with a hair flip.
I didn't know where all that confidence came from, but I wanted to put it to good use before it was gone again.
I looked over to him as he was avoiding my gaze, clearly not expecting me to have heard it, let alone reacting to it.
As I was looking at him, I felt my great confidence slowly slip away.

Then I saw Shadow in the bushes a couple of feet behind Jeremy. I gave him a weak smile as he knew what I wanted to do. The nerves were really getting at me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in an attempt to calm them down, and it seemed to work at least a bit. When I opened my eyes again I saw Shadow giving me a thumbs up. Same goes for Foxy, who I saw standing next to Shadow.
"Are you alright?" Jeremy asked, tilting his head slightly as he spoke.
He was adorable when he did stuff like this.

"Hey Jeremy"
"Hm?"
"I-ehm..." I wanted to say something, but I didn't know how to say what I wanted to say.
"Eh, screw it" I said before I just went for it and just kissed him.

I felt Jeremy lean back a bit, and took that as a sign to stop, so I did.
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I probably ruined everything" I said in a panicked mode, but I got interrupted by Jeremy.
"Hey, don't worry, you didn't do anything wrong, nor did you ruin anything"
"Just give me more time to realise what is happening, or give me a heads up, okay?"
"Alright"

We were both quiet for a moments, not really knowing what to do, or waiting for the other to do something.
"So..." I said, taking Jeremy's hand in mine.
"May I?" I asked, looking him in the eyes.
"Shut up and kiss me already" Jeremy said before closing the gap between us.

For a beautiful moment, his lips on mine were all that mattered. He even tried to make it a French kiss, to which I let him. But alas, every good thing must come to an end eventually.
For a moment we were just standing there, looking into each other's eyes, and just taking in the presence of the one in our arms.
"So... I take that as a 'I like you too'?" I asked as neither of us made an effort to move.
"Yeah. I like you too. A lot, actually" Jeremy said as he laid his head on my chest.

"Do I still need to ask you then?"
"If you're unsure of the answer, I suppose you could"
"I still want to, just for the sake of it"
Jeremy got up from my chest so I could properly ask him to be mine.

"Jeremy. Do you want to be my boyfriend?"
"I'd love to be" He said before he kissed me again.
As we parted again, we looked into each other's eyes. That's when I noticed that he had two different colour eyes.
One was a light blue, and the other one was a bright green.

"I never noticed you had two different coloured eyes" I said as I cupped his cheek in my hand.
"I usually hide my green eye with my hair, so that's probably why you never noticed it before"
"I like it. It makes you even cuter than you already were" I said, finally having my confidence back.
"O hush" He said as he playfully pushed me away.

"Come back!" I said, opening my arms for him to come get a hug.
He came back into my arms and hugged me back.
"I love you" He said softly.
"I love you too" I said as I laid my head on top of his.

It was quite a sight. Two boys in a beautiful field full of flowers near the forest.
It was relaxing to stand there with Jeremy in my arms too.
But after a moment of just standing there like that, we both came to a realisation.

"How are we going to tell Mike?!"