(53) Family dinner

A/N
I'm so sorry for dissapearing for like a month without letting you guys know.
I know it's vacation and a lot of people use it as a moment to write more then they could before, but I really need the all the rest I can get at the moment, so don't expect me to update a lot like I used to do. (Remember that time?)
I hope that if I take it slow right now, I can get back on the track of updating every week again, but that's going to take a while.  I hope all of you understand.

Freddy POV

I was looking at Fritz, Bonnie and Bon as they were making the preparations for dinner for tonight. My brothers and I came to the conclusion that it would be best for me to hide from mother, at least until a moment came that I could reveal myself to her.
"Are you sure I can't help any of you with something?" I asked as they were running around the kitchen, doing who knows what.
"No need for that Freddy. The three of us are very well played into each other" Fritz answered.
"Besides, it's quite hard already to avoid each other" Bonnie said as he nearly bumped into Bon.

"Well, if I can't help you, could you at least tell me what you're making?"
"We're making sheep. It's a weird thing that the royals eat sheep when one of their sons has returned" Fritz explained.
"Maybe the queen will have an idea of what's going on" Bon said with a smile.
"Heh, maybe..." I said, kind of doubting it.
But who knows, maybe she does realise.

"Come, let's get dinner towards the dining room" Fritz said as he beckoned us to follow him.

~Meanwhile in the dining room~

"What's for dinner?" Dad asked the person who served the food.
"It's sheep, Ma'am. It was the cooks idea"
"Don't they know that sheep is something only for a special occasion?" Mother said.
"But it is a special occasion! That's why the princesses are here" Fred said.
"And because old acquaintances have returned" Shadow said softly, more as an inside something that for mother to hear.

"What was that Shadow?" Mother asked him.
"Eh, nothing much" He said as he laid back in his chair. Some things never change.
"He said that there is more to celebrate. Old acquaintances have returned, and we should celebrate"
"And who are these old acquaintances? And where are they?" Mother asked.
"They are right there" Chica said as she motioned towards the side doors, where Fritz was talking with Mike.

"Fritz. What are you doing here?" Mother asked him.
"Catching up with my old friend. And I came here because I had someone that wanted to return home for his brother's wedding" Fritz said as he turned towards mother.
"Brother's wedding? But that means..."
"That I came back home" I said as I walked into full view of the main doors.

"Freddy?!" Mother exclaimed as she looked at me.
"Yes, it's me, mother" I said as I walked over towards her.
And then followed one of the only moments that I felt as if she was a true mom. She practically jumped up from her seat, rushed over to me, and engulfed me into a hug.
But as soon and unexpected as it came, it was gone too. She started yelling at me about me leaving 'my royal duties and status' to run off with some low lives.

"You didn't say anything! And because of that your brother had to do everything you were supposed to do"
"1. If I did say or asked anything, you wouldn't have let me go, and 2. He is doing a much better job than I would have done, with much more joy too!"
"He has a point" I heard Goldie mumble.
"Could we please stop this fighting?! Freddy's finally home again, and that's what's important right now. So please calm down, sit down, and let's eat our dinner" Fred said as he spoke loudly to be heard over mothers... screeching.

"Fred is right. Let's all calm down and begin with our dinner now that our final guest has arrived" Dad said as he motioned towards me.
"Wait, you knew about this?!" Mother yelled, now aimed towards dad.
"Yes, they told me when you were changing" Dad calmly explained.
"And you didn't bother to tell me?" She asked, aimed at both dad and my brothers.

"They thought it would be a good surprise for you Ma'am" Shade and Amy said.
"It is indeed a surprise" Mother said as she finally sat down too.
"But I'm not sure yet if it's a good one"
"Fair enough, I have done things in ways you didn't approve off, but Fred is right. We wouldn't want the sheep to get cold, now would we?" I said as I took a seat in between Fred and Goldie.
Mother seemed to agree on eating now that dinner was still warm, and the usual noises of dinner erupted, which gave me an opportunity to ask my brothers some things about how things were going.

"Does mother know about Shade?" I asked Fred, as he was the one sitting next to me.
"What do you think?" He responded.
"That's a no. Does dad know?"
"Yeah, dad knows, and he's completely fine with it, happy for both actually" Fred said before he took another bite of food.
"Well, of course he would be fine with it. He was fine with me being in love with both Bonnie and Bon, why wouldn't he be fine with a trans person?" I said.

"Fair point. He's also fine with Shadow and Foxy, and with me and Spring"
"You have a boyfriend too?!" I whisper yelled, as to not alert mother of the subject of our conversation.
"Yeah. A green bunny from the village. He actually turned out to be an old childhood friend of Mike"
"So you got a boyfriend and a wingman to boot?" I asked Fred as I smiled at what he told me.

"I mean, yeah, I guess I did"
"When can I meet him?"
"I guess we could go into town tomorrow. I could introduce you two then" Fred said.
"Then that's settled. Tomorrow I'm going to meet your boyfriend"