(8) Hey! That's my idea!

It was a couple of days later. Freddy and Goldie had asked me how my 'date' was, and both said it sounded like fun.
Right now we were all eating lunch. No one had really said anything, until Goldie spoke up.
"Mother?"
"Yes dear?"

"Could I go with Chica to the theatre? Fred made it sound like a really good date"
"Hey! No fair! I was going to ask the same thing!" Shadow said suddenly.
"I asked mother earlier today, and she had said she would think about it" Freddy said.
"Or we could go on a double, double-date" I said, wanting to do the same thing again, because the excuse had worked so well.

"That sounds like an amazing idea!" All three of my brothers said in union.
"Well, that's settled then. All your princesses would come over tomorrow anyway" Mother answered all of our requests.
"Normally, I would make this into a family visit, but because you all wanted to go on a date, I suppose we could let all you go alone for once. You still need to take some guards with you" Father said.
"We understand that that's for our safety, so we will take some guards with us" Goldie said.

That wasn't a lie. We all knew that if we didn't do that thing, we could be in a lot of danger. It was the only rule none of us would break. The only problem was that most of the guards would tell mother and father about the things we did that we weren't supposed to do as 'royalty'. At least, it was like that until we found out that Foxy didn't do those things. And Mike had said he wouldn't tell mother or father either.

When we were done with dinner, we waited until mother told us we could leave.
"You all may be excused" Mother said.
Shadow and I immediately stood up and walked the opposite way than our rooms were.
"Hey, why such a rush?" Goldie asked us, who was trying to speed walk towards us as elegant as possible, until he gave up on that and just ran to catch up on us.

"I want to tell the guards who are coming with us what our plans for tomorrow are" Shadow said.
"I want to send Springtrap a letter, asking if he will be at the theatre tomorrow"
Goldie was clearly taking in what we just said, because he looked to be deep in his thoughts
"But doesn't Foxy stand in front of your room?" Goldie asked Shadow first, before looking at me.

But before he could ask me something, Shadow answered his question.
"Yes, Foxy stands in front of my room. But taking only one guard with us when we're going with such a crowd, would be highly unsafe, so I wanted to ask another guard to join us"
"O, who is it?" Goldie asked. He knew most of the guards by name and looks, so he would know who Shadow was talking about once Shadow had said his name.

"O, I don't know. Just the one who never told anyone when he saw you with my bride" Shadow said, waving at Mike.
"Hey Shadow, hey Fred" Mike said once he saw us.
He was guarding the owlery. Something not many guards wanted to do, because it can get lonely there. But Mike didn't seem to mind this place that much. Probably because it was a place that mother and father didn't visit often.
"Hey Mike. Do you want to join all of us tomorrow to the theatre?" Shadow asked.

"Are the king and queen joining you?"
"Would we come here to ask you if they did?" Goldie countered Mike with his question.
"Fair point. Sure, I'll join you tomorrow"
"Good. Now, can I please go into the owlery?" I asked.

Mike stepped aside and opened the door for me.
"Why are you in such a rush to get an owl?" Shadow asked.
"Because I want to send Springtrap a message" I said, taking a snow owl from its place.
"Is it alright if I take her to my room and bring her back later?" I asked Mike.

"You're the boss. Heck, even if you wanted her usual place to be your room, I'd be fine with it"
"No thanks. But I need to go if I want to send Springtrap a message" I said.
"What? Are you going to send your love a message?" Goldie teased.
I looked him dead in the eye as a response. A look of realisation washed over him.

"Of course he is. But wasn't that exactly what you did a few hours ago?" Shadow asked Goldie.
At that moment one of our owls flew into the hallway we were in and dropped a letter on top of Goldie's head.
"Not a word" Goldie said, picking the letter up from the ground.
Mike, Shadow and I silently waved at each other's while Goldie read the letter and walked away with it.

"You're lucky mother decided to send all of us to the theatre" Goldie said, halfway through the letter.
"Why?"
"Shade wrote that she thought it would be a fun idea to make it a multiple double-date thing"
"So? What's wrong with having the same idea as mother?"

"I just want a nice date with her. Just the two of us, you know?"
"I know" I said.
"But who said that none of us would be getting that?" Shadow said.
"What do you mean?"

"We can all go our separate ways after the show. As long as everyone is back at a certain point in the village, around the same time, we should be able to do some fun thing with the ones we actually love"
"But what about Mike and Amy? They'll be alone, and I don't think that they like each other like that" Shadow said.
Goldie and I stayed silent as we thought about that.

"I'm sure that there's something they both like, and they can do that together. They may not be with the one they love like the rest of us, but at least they'll be having fun" Goldie said.
"I like that idea. I don't think Mike, nor Amy have met someone that they fell in love with, otherwise I would have asked them to tag along" Shadow said.

"Go ask Freddy if he knows something that Amy likes to do"
"And why can't you do it?" Goldie asked.
"Because I need to send my love a letter" I said, mocking Goldie's voice.
Goldie started to blush a bit and turned his head away from me.

I walked into my room, but before I closed my room, I heard Goldie and Shadow tell me something.
"What is it?" I asked, walking back towards my brothers.
"Just a tip for writing to your crush" Goldie said.
"Go ask if Springtrap has something to do tomorrow, if he says no, ask him out for a date" Shadow said as he ruffled my hair.

"I will" I said as I walked back to my room, this time not being called by my brothers.
No, this time it was Bon who said my name. But luckily he was already in my room, folding some of my clothes.
"Hey Fred!" Bon's voice echoed through my room.
I had noticed that he was doing everything with a smile on his face ever since we had a 'talk' about his crush.

"Hey Bon, how are you?" I asked, smiling back at him.
"I'm doing good" He said, putting a pile of clothes in my closet.
"I bet your answer will be great, once you know what we're going to do tomorrow"
"What are we going to do tomorrow then?" He asked, exchanging his smile for a confused look.