(27) Running away

Freddy POV

"Do we have everything we need?" I whispered to Bonnie.
It was in the middle of the night, so we had to be really quiet so to not wake anyone.
"We just need food" Bonnie said, putting something in his bag.
I couldn't really see what he was packing because it was dark, but I trusted him it was something he'd need.

"Then let's go to the kitchen" Bon said.
We got to the kitchen eventually. Bon nearly knocked over a vase, but he caught it in time.
"We mostly need food that can last sometime" I said to my bunny's.
Bon climbed onto the counter, and opened some of the higher cabinets.

"I need someone to catch these" He said, holding some stuff in his arms.
Bonnie walked over to hi mand took the food from Bon, and put it into his bag.
"Do any of you know where the rice waffles are? They are a really good thing to take with us" I asked.

"You looking for these?" Someone said, holding a packet of rice waffles in front of me.
"Yes, thank you..." I started, but stopped rather quickly.
"Father..." I said, realising it was my father, that was holding them, instead of someone else.
"Take them, you were looking for them, weren't you?"

"Yes... I was..." I said, taking them for him.
"I'm taking sneaking around the castle at night as that you're running away, aren't you three?"
"Yes..." Bonnie, Bon and I responded.
All of us were scared of what my father would do now that he knew.

"What else do you guys need?" He asked us.
None of us answered, until Bon got some courage.
"Well, something to drink would be great too" He said softly.
"Here, take these. These are your favourite, right?" Father said, giving a bottle of ice tea to Bon.

"Yes, they are. Thank you sir"
Father took some more bottles out of the cabinets.
"Take them, you need them more than me" Father said, giving us some more bottles of drinks.
Bonnie took them and put them in his backpack.

"So, you're not mad at us?" I asked.
"No, you deserve to be happy. I can't give you that inside these castle walls. But outside of them you can have a really good chance at happiness"
I was silent for a moment, and felt tears well up in my eyes.
"Thank you" I whispered while hugging my dad.

"Now, do you kiddo's need more things, or do you have everything?" Dad asked.
"I mean... Money would be nice..." I said.
"Of course, come with me" Dad said, and walked towards the treasure room.
Bonnie and Bon quickly followed behind us.

"Take what you think you need for your journey" Dad said once he had opened the door.
We all took about two money pouches each. None of us knew exactly where we went to, so we didn't know how much we actually needed.
"Put some gems on the inside of your clothes" Dad said.
"Why that?" Bonnie asked.
"Because money pouches are easy to steal or lose, but gems on the inside of your clothing is something they won't expect"

That made us go silent for a bit as we weren't able to react for a moment.
"Here you have some" He said as he handed us a couple of gems.
That took me out of my trance.
"How do you even know about this?"

"O no reason" Dad said, waving it off.
"But you three better get going before the others wake up"
"We should..." I said.
Dad took all three of us in his arms and gave us a big hug.

"I'll miss you" I said, hugging him back.
"I'll miss you too. All three of you" He said, ruffling Bonnie's and Bon's heads.
"Now, you three should go before anyone else wakes up" Dad said.
"We probably should..." I said, getting nervous about actually doing this.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself down a bit.
"Hey dad?" I asked.
"Yeah? What is it kiddo?"
"Can you give my brother a big hug when they find out?"

"Of course. I'll give them a famous Freddy bearhug" He said, giving me one too.
"Now, let's go!" I said, and walked towards one of the secret exits.
Once we were out of the castle, we began walking towards the port. If we wanted to never be found again, we had to get away from here. But still, I couldn't help myself but look back for one last time.

There I saw dad standing in front of a window, waving a final goodbye.