(55) Dress shopping, part 2

Shade POV

"O wow" TiChi said when she saw the new dresses that David brought in for me.
"Good luck ladies" He said before he left so that I could change.
"What is this?" Chica asked as she took one of the jumpsuits from between the rest.
"Shadow thought that it would fit me better than a gown" I told her as TiChi was helping me get out of the princess dress.
"It is more your style, but I'm not so sure about the colour..." Chica said as she held it high and tried to picture me in it.

"Erik really wanted me to try one of the dresses first anyway" I said as I looked at the ones the boys brought back.
"How about this one?" TiChi asked as she pulled out an A-line dress with a few gentle details on it.
"I like it"
"It's better than a mermaid" Chica said.
"True, that one does show my figure the best, but it shows that a bit too well for my liking"

After a couple of minutes I got out of the changing room, now wearing one of the black A-line dresses that Bonnie had found for me.
"It already feels much better than the white one" I said as I twirled around in it.
"But it's still not the one, is it?" Shadow asked.
"No..."
"But it's going the right way, that's for sure" I said as I smiled at them in the mirror.
But then I noticed that we were missing some people.

"Say, where are David and Erik?"
"They had an idea for something for you, and they're trying to find what they had in mind for you" Bonnie told me.
"O, alright. So how about this one?" I said, striking different poses because well, I couldn't really twirl around in a jumpsuit.
"It already better than the white dress, but this one is missing something too" Shadow said.

"O! I may have the thing to finish it!" Bon said as he stood up and took something from behind the couch he was sitting on.
Shadow, Bonnie and I looked at him as he showed us something that looked like a veil, but it wasn't. Or well, it wasn't a veil in the way you would expect. No, this was a veil that seemed to be put around you shoulders like a cape, instead of it being put into your hair.
"How about now?" Bon asked once he was done with helping me put it on.

"It looks good, but we found something even better" Erik said from beside us.
"What did you find then?" Both me and Shadow asked him.
"What were the elements we all thought fitted Shade the best?" He asked all of us.
"Something black" Bonnie answered.
"Something more masculine" Shadow answered.

"Exactly, and that's what we have found" David said.
"And, I even had the current queens idea of Shade in my mind, so that it fits Shade, but is also good enough for the queen" Erik told us as he was still standing in front of it.
"Well, show us what you have found! We want to know!" Bonnie said, trying to see behind Erik.
"We have found..."

"A black jumpsuit" I said with fascination as I finished the sentence for him.
"And a detachable skirt, so that it looks like normal dress when you wear it" David told us.
"Hopefully mother will think it's good enough..." Shadow murmured.
"Let's try it on and see how it looks, shall we?" David asked me.
"Yes, I want to know how this will look"

"So, Erik found this for me" I said as I showed Chica and TiChi the black jumpsuit.
"Yes, this is the one" Chica said before I even tried it on.
"Let's put it on first, shall we?" TiChi proposed.
"Let's" I said, taking the jumpsuit from Chica so I could put it on.

A few minutes later I once again walked out of the dressing room, but this time with TiChi and Chica running out in front of me.
"We proudly present to all of you, the one that fits Shade the best" They said in union.
That was my cue to walk around the corner, and let the rest see me.
And all of the reactions were the same. This was the one.

"O my, this is the one indeed" Shadow said as he looked me up and down.
"So, like this for the wedding ceremony" I said, pulling the hairband from my hair, and letting it flow free.
"Yes, absolutely" David said, and everyone agreed with him.
"But there's more" Erik said with a mischievous grin.

"Indeed" I said as I made it seem like I ripped the skirt right off.
"So like this for when you and Goldie are going to be crowned the new kings?" Bonnie asked.
"That's the idea, yes" I responded.
At that moment I noticed that a certain someone was not responding anymore.

"Erik! Shadow! Are you okay?" I asked as I rushed over to them.
"Yeah. It's just that you look so pretty. In both" Erik admitted as he gave me a hug.
"People are crying. That means that it's the one" David said with a sweet smile.
"So, I think this is the one isn't it?" David asked me as he stood up and walked over to me.

"It is" I said
"Well then. Shade, do you say yes to the... Jumpsuit?" David started, but got a bit unsure at the end of his sentence.
"I say yes to this jumpsuit"
"And yes to the skirt that goes with it!" Shadow yelled.
"And that one too" I said with a giggle.

"Well then. Then the jumpsuit, and the skirt, will be yours" David told me.