Chapter 02

Being a part of the sacred 28, the Greengrass family had always been highly respected among the Wizarding community, and they came from a long generation of Pureblood wizards and witches. This was something that Diana Greengrass's family took pride on, and so did she.

The morning after receiving her Hogwarts letter, Diana paid a visit to Diagon Alley along with her mother. The first thing they did was to go to Gringotts and take some money out of their vault, which was located in the deeper parts of the bank.

    "Here, you go get your school books," said Mrs. Greengrass, handing Diana a few Galleons. "I'll go and look at the quills. Your brother said he needed a new one for work."

    "All right," Diana mumbled before taking the golden coins from her mother and making her way toward Flourish and Blotts Bookseller shop.

    Although before she had even reached the shop, Diana groaned to herself when a familiar voice called her from behind. Trying to ignore the annoying voice, she kept on walking, hoping that he would give up and leave her alone.

    "Diana! Hey! Wait up!" The boy called again, finally catching up with her.

Sighing miserably, Diana turned around, only to see Evan Rosier standing right behind her.

    "You weren't trying to avoid me by any chance, were you?" Evan asked, an arrogant smirk playing at the edge of his lips, which always made Diana want to beat it off with her own Beater bat.

    "Oh, no. I would never dream of it," Diana said sarcastically, glaring at his direction.

"So what did you do this summer?" Evan questioned, ignoring her witty remark. "I sent you two letters and I got no response. Where have you been?"

"Hiding away from you," Diana said with a grin before starting to walk on again, hoping that he would let her go. But Evan just followed after her.

"Ouch. Why do you always have to be so harsh with me?" Evan said mockingly, pouting.

"Um, have you met you?" Diana scoffed as she kept on walking, not even bothering to look back at him. "You're not a likable person."

"Either that, or you just hate all people."

Diana shrugged carelessly. "That too."

    Evan smirked. "Playing hard to get, are we?"

    "No," Diana shook her head smugly, "I'm just too hard to please."

Evan gritted his teeth together furiously. "Well, then I guess calling you the heartless bitch of Slytherin would suit you perfectly."

Diana smirked proudly. "And I wear that title like a crown."

With that, she picked up her pace and left Evan behind, finally reaching Flourish and Blotts Bookseller to buy her Hogwarts books and get it all over soon.

     Diana entered the shop with her Hogwarts' book-list in her hand, looking around. The only new ones she needed to buy were The Standard Book of Spells Grade 5 for their Charms class, The Dream Oracle for Divination, and The Essential Defence Against the Dark Arts by Arsenius Jigger.

    Although Diana took a look around the shop to check out other books, mostly the ones Wizarding history and some about Ancient Runes. She even came across a book named Death Omens: What to Do When You Know the Worst is Coming, which had a picture of a Grim on the front page.