Chapter 88

As the day before Valentine's arrived, an excited atmosphere filled Hogwarts once again. Although James Potter and Sirius Black had to be extra careful with what they ate and drank, afraid that it would contain love potion.

They certainly didn't want the events of their fourth year to repeat themselves.

      Diana would never show it or say it out loud, but she was a little excited for the upcoming Valentine's day. Last year, she had lost a bet to Remus and had to go on a fake date with him. He had tried to do everything in his power to make the date as embarrassing and miserable as possible for Diana, but even after all the chaos that took place, it still had been an amazing and memorable day for her.

     This year, being their first official and real Valentine's day together, Remus wanted to do something special for Diana, but because of the approaching full moon which was supposed to happen in three days, he wasn't feeling his best.

     Remus felt drained from all his energy. He was stronger than usual, yet his whole body ached. All his senses had heightened, but it only made him more miserable; the sun was too bright that it hurt his eyes, the scents were so strong that they gave him headaches from time to time, and all the noises in the Great Hall during the meals seemed so loud that made him want to yell at everyone to shut up and stop talking.

     Holding himself back from lashing out had always been hard whenever the full moon was close, which made him rather cranky each time.

It seemed as though the only thing that could make him feel better was spending time with Diana. He couldn't understand what it was about her, but her mere presence was enough to calm him down a bit.

     "I'll probably spend the Hogsmeade trip tomorrow with Regulus. He doesn't have a date, anyway," Layla said as she and Diana were walking to their Charms classroom that day.

      "Don't you wanna go out with anyone?" Diana questioned.

     "Nah. Jackson asked me if I wanted to get together with him again, but I said no. He was a terrible kisser. Too much tongue."

     "Ugh." Diana grimaced, trying to prevent the disgusting thoughts from coming into her head.

     When they entered the class, Diana spotted Remus sitting at the back of the class near the window, gazing outside with a dreamy air about him. Diana looked around the room, realizing that his friends weren't anywhere in sight.

     "Go ahead. Sit with him," Layla said quietly, nudging Diana forward with a grin. "He seems to be in desperate need of company. Specially his girlfriend's."

     Diana rolled her eyes at her friend playfully before moving toward the back of the class where Remus was, meanwhile Layla took the empty seat beside Lucy, who was one of the Slytherin girls in their dorm.

     "Hey," Diana called out to him lightly, catching his attention. But when Remus looked up at her, Diana's heart closed like a fist. He looked ever so pale, the dark bags underneath his eyes deeper than usual. "You okay? Where are your friends?"

     "I'm fine." Remus managed a small nod. "They're still at breakfast. There was just too much noise and chattering at the Great Hall. I couldn't take it. I had to get out of there."

     Diana nodded lightly in understanding. She already knew that the full moon was near. She had never been good at Astronomy, but ever since she had found out about Remus's condition, Diana had made sure to keep track of the lunar charts to know when the full moons were, in case Remus needed help with anything or just needed someone to keep him company.