Chapter 64

"YOU GOT KICKED IN THE NUTS BY DIANA GREENGRASS!?" James shouted as the four of them were sitting in the Great Hall the next morning for breakfast, before roaring with laughter.

     With his teeth gritted together, Sirius glared fixedly at Remus, who was casually reading his Charms book while sipping on his morning cup of tea with a little smile on his lips.

      "I'll kill you, Lupin," Sirius snarled quietly as James and Peter kept on laughing.

      "Nah. You'll be too busy explaining yourself," said Remus, raising his book up to his face to hide his huge grin.

      Even those who were sitting nearby them were starting to snigger and whisper to one another. Sure enough, the story was going to spread throughout the school in no time, which satisfied Remus enough to forgive Sirius. This would be a good enough punishment for him, because the students were not going to stop talking about this humiliating story anytime soon.

     "Where did you even hear about this!?" Sirius hissed at Remus with narrowed eyes, looking around him worriedly as he could hear a group of Gryffindor girls giggling while looking at his direction.

     Remus only shrugged. "I heard it from a group of Slytherins who were talking about it this morning."

     He was obviously lying, but Sirius didn't need to know that. This was in fact Diana's idea, and Remus was definitely enjoying every second of it.

     "Is that so?" Sirius raised a brow at him, which suddenly brought fear to Remus's heart for a second, afraid that Sirius might have figured out about his friendship with Diana.

     The last thing Remus needed right now was for James, Sirius, and Peter to find out about his little crush on Diana, knowing that they would give him a never-ending teasing and would make fun of him in front Diana to embarrass him.

      Little did Remus know that last year, his friends had seen him on the Marauder's Map, back when he had met up with Diana on his birthday. Although they still didn't know that he liked her, and only assumed it had something to do with their Ancient Runes' project at the time. They could never believe that their friend would fall for a Slytherin girl.

     "Okay, so," James started after his laughter finally faded away after long minutes and clapped his hands together, "first thing I've got Transfigurations today. Then Potions. Then a free period. Then Defense Against the Dark Arts. Hard schedule this year, but it's everything I need for joining the Auror Headquarters after graduating Hogwarts."

"My class schedule is exactly like yours," said Sirius, throwing a careless glance down at his parchment which Professor McGonagall had handed to him earlier. He was still in a bad mood.

"What's your schedule like, Moony?" Peter questioned curiously as he piled up more sausage on his plate.

      Peter was eating more than ever today, seeing as he had just been scolded by Professor McGonagall for not getting into either Transfigurations or Potions, seeing as his scores hadn't been high enough. And whenever he was nervous or sad, eating certainly helped to get his mind off things.

"I only dropped Care of Magical Creatures and History of Magic. The rest is the same as last year," Remus answered, putting down his Charms book.

"Then you're taking Ancient Runes?" James asked with surprise. "Why? It's a useless subject, if you ask me."

"I enjoy it. I think it's fascinating." Remus shrugged once more, taking another sip of his tea which he realized was getting cold. So, he took his wand out of his robe's pocket and pointed it at his cup, using a spell to warm it up again.