Chapter 83

The next morning, the Hogwarts Express left the Hogsmeade station, riding for hours through the snowy fields until it came to a stop in platform nine and three-quarters.

      Diana had just gotten off the train with Layla and Regulus that a hand grabbed onto her arm, suddenly dragging her away. She looked up, seeing that it was Remus, just as she had expected.

     "You need to stop doing that, Lupin!" Diana snapped at him jokingly as she tried to catch up with his pace, quickly pushing her trolley forward.

     "I know, I know. But I want you to meet someone and we have to hurry," Remus said with a grin, leading her through the brick wall, appearing on the other side of the King's Cross station at last.

     Diana looked around worriedly, but thankfully her mother hadn't arrived yet to see them together. She didn't want her mother to be reminded of their arranged marriage plans. Sirius had run away, but Diana wasn't sure if she was going to be this lucky the next time her mother chose a suitor for her.

      "There she is," said Remus with a broad grin, leading Diana toward a woman with long brown hair and the kindest eyes she had ever seen.

     "Remus!" the woman exclaimed at the sight of him, running forward to hug him tightly. "Oh, I missed you so much!"

     "I missed you, too, Mum." Remus chuckled, pulling away at long last. "Where's Dad?"

     "He's parking the car. You know how crowded the train station gets around Christmas," said Mrs. Lupin, letting out a small giggle.

      But that was when her eyes fell upon a young girl with curly blonde hair, standing further behind Remus rather awkwardly. Her smile then widened warmly.

     "And is she your friend?" Mrs. Lupin looked sideways at Remus to make sure she had gotten it right, and he nodded.

     "Mum, this is Diana," he said, placing a hand behind her back to gently push her forward and closer toward the woman. "She's — er — my girlfriend."

     "Oh?" Mrs. Lupin and Diana said at the same time, both a little surprised.

      Diana glanced up at Remus, who had a huge grin across his face and was blushing. They had never exactly talked about it, but Diana's heart fluttered at the mere thought. It would be an understatement to say that she didn't mind at all.

     "Well, Remus has told be all about you, of course." Mrs. Lupin giggled again. "It's nice meeting you, Diana. I'm Hope."

     "It's nice meeting you, too." Diana returned her smile. She always hated meeting new people and greeting strangers, but there was something about the woman that warmed her heart.

      "Remus told me that you too aren't in the same House, am I right?" she asked, and the two nodded. "Oh, how I would've loved to come to Hogwarts."

      "You haven't studied at Hogwarts?" Diana questioned, surprised yet amused. "Then which school did you go to?"

      "I actually studied at The King's school, Chester," Mrs. Lupin replied.

      Diana frowned in confusion. "I've never heard of that school."

     "Well, it wasn't exactly a school for wizards," she said. Diana took aback.

      "Diana... my mum's a Muggle," said Remus, watching as her eyes widen. Only now did he remember that the Greengrass family were just like the Blacks when it came to their view on Muggles.

     Remus could recall the first time Walburga Black met his mother back in the beginning of their fourth year. She had looked at Hope with nothing but disgust across her face. Sirius had apologized to Remus a hundred times after that, but Remus assured him that he didn't mind.