Chapter 39

Not a minute had passed by that Professor Kumar entered the classroom, in her long velvet robe and her books hugged to her chest as usual.

"Good morning, class," she said brightly as everyone took their seats, falling quiet.

The professor made her way to the front of the class and toward the teacher's desk, but just as she was about to put her books and wand down on the table, her eyes fell upon Diana and Remus who were sitting next to each other.

Her smile immediately widened happily, and it became hard for her to contain her excitement and hide it from the expression on her face.

She tried to shake her head, clearing her throat. "Please take out your books, everyone. We're a bit behind."

Although as she began the lesson, her eyes kept wandering toward where Remus and Diana were sitting together, smiling to herself every time.

Remus and Diana couldn't help but to glance at each other sideways as they grinned mischievously, trying to hold themselves back from bursting into laughter.

***

Throughout the next few days, Diana seemed to be in a better mood than the weeks before. The only bad part about her week was having to sit in the Divination classroom, where she tried to avoid even looking at Professor Tenebris's direction. She wanted to forget about the conversation she'd had with him all together, as well as the two visions she had experienced in the past months.

Diana was grateful that they were no longer working on Crystal Gazing for the rest of the year. Instead, they had started Dream Interpretation. For homework, they had to keep a dream journal and write their previous night's dreams in it, along with what they might mean.

"But all my dreams are absolute rubbish!" Lyla groaned after the class, as they were sitting in the Great Hall for lunch. "I only dream nonsense. I doubt any of it means anything."

"Don't worry. We can make up fake dreams easier than seeing stuff in the crystal orb," said Diana, piling her plate with fried chicken.

"Why would you even take Divination?" Regulus asked, frowning. "It's a useless branch of magic. Everyone knows that."

"We took it in our third year because we knew getting an Outstanding in Divination is easy. You just have to think of fake predictions, and you'll be good to go," Layla reasoned.

"I took Arithmancy and Care of Magical Creatures last year," said Regulus. "At least they're more fascinating. I've also heard that the Divination professor is really creepy."

"That one's actually true," said Layla, nodding.

Not wanting to start talking about Professor Tenebris, Diana set down her fork and cleared her throat before looking up at Regulus. "We should better get going or we'll be late for Quidditch practice."

"Yeah, okay. Let's go," said Regulus, wiping the edge of his mouth with his napkin before raising to his feet.

"Do you wanna come with us to watch the practice?" Diana asked Layla with a grin. "I'm sure Tom Walker would like to see you there."