Chapter 68

"Why have you been so quiet lately?" Layla asked Diana as they were sitting in the Great Hall for breakfast, snapping her out of her thoughts.

      "Yeah, it's freaking me out," said Regulus from beside Diana, giving her a playful look. "I miss being called Pretty Boy."

      Diana forced a little grin as she looked back at him. "You know you'll always be my Pretty Boy," she said, raising her hand to ruffle up his black hair.

      "Ugh, I take it back." Regulus groaned, dodging his head away from her.

      "If you're done with breakfast, can we go to Charms now? McBrady is looking my way and I don't want him to come over and ask me to Hogsmeade," said Layla, getting to her feet as she tried to avoid the eyes of the seventh year Slytherin boy who was sitting a few feet over at the table.

      "I thought you missed snogging someone — your words, not mine," said Diana, raising up as well.

      "I do. But I've got bored of dating. Maybe I should look for a friend-with-benefit," said Layla, sending a teasing grin at Regulus.

     "Get the hell away from me," Regulus said blankly as he remained seated, taking a sip of his tea.

      "Oh, relax. I was kidding. You're not my type."

      "Yeah, right. Like that's the problem." Regulus scoffed.

      "Oi! If I wanted to, I could have you!" Layla retorted.

      "Sure. Go for it," Regulus said mockingly, casually picking up a toast from the dish before him and placing it on his place.

      With a stubborn grin, Layla suddenly walked toward him and lowered herself, holding his face with her two hands and kissing him on the lips.

      Pulling away the next moment, Layla grinned to herself with satisfaction. Diana's eyes had widened and Regulus was left transfixed on his spot with his jaw nearly dropping in shock.

     "Told you." Layla smirked.

     "Ew! What is the matter with you!?" Regulus yelled, wiping his mouth with his napkin in disgust.

      Layla rolled her eyes. "Oh, please. Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy it."

      Regulus blushed even though he tried to keep on frowning. He didn't like Layla that way, but no boy in their right mind would be kissed by her and not enjoy it.

      "Diana, get this lunatic away from me," said Regulus, sending a glare at Layla who kept on laughing.

     "Yes, sir," said Diana with a grin, grabbing Layla's arm and dragging her out of the Great Hall as they both sniggered at Regulus's reaction. 

     "Poor kid," said Diana, smirking.

      "What?" Layla shrugged, still laughing. "He told me to go for it!"

      Diana began to speak, but she froze when she spotted Remus from afar, walking toward them from the other end of the corridor. She wanted to turn around and escape, but he had already sighted her.

      Diana felt her heartbeat speed up as he approached them. Even Layla had realized that she was acting strange, but she just thought that her friend had developed a little crush on the Gryffindor boy.

      "Hi," said Remus breathlessly once he reached them, before looking directly at Diana. "I — I was looking all over for you."

      "Right..." Diana gulped, looking down. "Sorry, but we should better get going. We have Charms right n—"