Chapter 17

***

***

Diana gulped as she saw Sirius, dressed in black as he leaned against the wall coolly. As soon as the stone-made entrance to the Slytherin common room closed behind her, the sound it made caught Sirius's attention.

Looking over at Diana, his grin widened as he walked away from the wall and closer toward her.

"Hello," he said in a deep and chilling voice.

     "Hey," Diana said, pursing her lips together.

     Awkward, awkward, awkward, a voice started repeating in her head in panic.

     She always hated the idea of going on dates, because it either got really cheesy, or just too awkward to handle.

     They hadn't even spoken a single sentence yet and Diana already knew where this was headed. She was just glad that at least he hadn't brought any flowers, because then it would've been both awkward and cheesy.

     "So..." Diana started, clearing her throat. "Where would we be going?"

     "You'll see," said Sirius, winking at her. Diana had to hold herself back from rolling her eyes.

     He then raised his arm for her to take. But acting as though she hadn't seen in, Diana started walking up the corridor. Sirius froze on the spot for a second before dropping his hand and clearing his throat awkwardly, pacing quickly to catch up with Diana.

     "This way," Sirius instructed as they walked out of the dungeons and up the marble staircase, reaching the entrance hall.

     Diana noticed that he was leading her out of the castle. Even though she was feeling slightly on guard, she decided not to say anything and go along with it. Layla might not have found this whole thing suspicious, but Diana was smarter than that.

     Her logic told her that Sirius Black had asked her out with a certain motive, but in order to understand what he truly wanted, she decided to go with it for a while and act along.

     Sirius had now slowed his paces and had placed his hands in his pockets, walking alongside Diana. Although she kept glancing around, afraid that his other three Gryffindor friends would appear out of nowhere and prank her.

     This thought wasn't too far fetched, because it wouldn't have been their first time to pull a prank on a Slytherin. The four boys had built quiet a reputation for that.

     "I love this time of the day," Sirius said, looking up at the golden sky as the sun was setting over the Black Lake. But there was something in the way he said it that wasn't completely believable.

     "Why?" Diana asked, finally glancing at Sirius's direction while they kept on walking side-by-side.

     "I — what?"