Chapter 42

Remus couldn't wipe his goofy grin from his face as he walked through the Hogsmeade village alongside Diana, who had been grumbling moodily to herself for the past few minutes.

Remus had brought his backpack with himself and carried it over his shoulder. It was empty of books, but it contained his wallet, a camera, and the Marauder's Map which he had managed to sneak out of their dorm without James or the others noticing.

"So where are we going?" Diana said gloomily, trying to catch up with Remus's cheerful pace.

"Only the most romantic place that has ever existed," Remus said mockingly, grinning at her sideways.

Diana came to a halt and stopped walking, realizing where he had in mind. "No. Absolutely not." She gave a firm shake of her head.

"You lost the bet. You don't have a choice," said Remus as he smiled in glee, before walking onward with his hands in the pockets of his oversized jacket.

Groaning to herself, Diana followed after him, looking sickened as she saw that he was leading her up the side walk and toward Madam Puddifoot's small tea shop.

"I think I'm gonna puke," Diana mumbled to herself the moment Remus opened the door to the tea shop and they stepped inside.

The walls were all covered with large, lurid pink flowers, and heart-shaped confetti hung from the ceiling with strings. The tea shop was a cramped, steamy little place where everything was decorated with frills or bows.

"Ah, isn't it wonderful?" Remus said with mock-excitement, looking around. "I think we should sit there." He pointed at a table right next to a couple who were busy snogging.

"Ugh..." Diana grimaced in disgust, but she said nothing else as Remus led her toward the small round table and they sat down opposite from each.

"This is a nightmare," Diana said in a hollow voice when she found the place crowded with cheesy couples, holding hands or kissing.

"Good!" Remus nodded in satisfaction before gesturing the woman over who was in charge of taking the orders.

"What can I get you, m'dears?" It was Madam Puddifoot. She was a very stout woman with a shiny black bun and was wearing a pink apron.

"Hello," Remus greeted her with a bright smile. "Um, I was wondering... do you have any pink or red drinks?"

Diana glared at Remus's smiley face, who was trying very hard not to snort with laughter.

"Well, we have Pink Lady Punch and Raspberry Lemonade Fizz," said Madam Puddifoot. "The first one is pink, the latter red. Both are very pretty and delicious drinks."

"Which one would you say is fancier?" Remus inquired with genuine interest, making Diana want to punch him in the face.

"I would say the Raspberry Lemonade Fizz," she replied.

"Great! Then two of that one, please."

"Coming right up," said Madam Puddifoot as she turned to leave, but Remus stopped her when he called after her again.

"Oh, and one more thing," he said solemnly, catching her attention, "is there a chance you can put little pink umbrellas in them? If they're glittery, then even better."

The woman giggled. "Very well."

Diana crossed her arms across her chest and leaned back against her chair, still glaring at Remus even after Madam Puddifoot had gone.