Chapter 07

The next morning, Diana was forced awake when someone pulled the blanket off her head, the morning light hitting her eyes like a trigger.

"Rise and shine, gorgeous!" Layla said cheerfully. "It's morning! The sun is out!"

Diana groaned from her bed. "So? I'm not a plant!"

Layla laughed, shaking her head. "Just get up, will you? We don't wanna miss breakfast on our first day."

With high difficulty, Diana tried to sit up straight on her bed, looking around the dormitory. The other girls were already gone, and Layla looked as beautiful as ever; she had already showered, used the Sleekeazy's Hair Potion on her elegant afro, and was changed into her new Hogwarts robes and skirt.

     Unlike Layla, Diana felt too lazy to take showers early in the morning, and she much rather do it in the night. So, she forced herself out of bed and got ready so they could go down to the Great Hall for some breakfast, and also to get their class schedules from Professor Slughorn.

     "What class do you think we have first?" Layla mused as the two girls stepped out of their dorm.

     "Let's hope it's not History of Magic," said Diana. "I'll fall asleep in the first five minutes."

    "I thought you liked History of Magic."

    "I do find the subject fascinating. Just not when it's taught by Professor Binns. If there was an award for the most boring class in the world, he would win in a heartbeat," she said with a grin as they walked down the staircase and toward the common room.

     "Agreed." Layla laughed. "In our first year, I used to think it was so cool that our teacher was a ghost. It took me less than an hour to realize he was the complete opposite of —"

     Layla was saying, but she came to a stop when Evan Rosier stepped in front of them as they entered the common room, blocking their way.

     "Hey, girls," said Evan, smirking.

     "Well, well! If that isn't the face I dreamt of seeing early in the morning!" Diana said sarcastically, giving him a fake sweet smile.

     "Did you dream of me last night too?" Evan winked at her, and Diana had to hold herself back from making a puking sound.

     "Tell me something, Evan," Diana started, walking slowly closer to him, "do you want to have kids in the future?"

    "That depends. With who?" Evan's grin widened as he neared her as well, their faces only inches apart. "If it's you, then sure."

     "Good," Diana smiled, but it disappeared completely the next moment as she said, "then if you want to be able to have kids, get out of my way before I kick you in the nuts."

     Evan's smirk disappeared into a scowl as the people around them sniggered and laughed. With a triumphant grin on her lips, Diana left the common room along with Layla.

    "I'm so glad that the dickhead isn't in any of our classes. Otherwise I would've ended up on Azkaban years ago," said Diana as they walked out of the dungeons.

     "Thankfully he's a seventh year. We only have to tolerate him for one more year, and then he'll be out of our lives forever."

     "Amen to that."

     "You know," Layla started as they made their way up the marble staircase and toward the entrance hall, "one of these days Rosier would give up flirting with you and pay you back."