Chapter 73

Defeated and angry, the Slytherin players walked back toward their locker room as the Gryffindor students ran down to the field to celebrate their team's victory.

"Sorry you lost the match," a soft voice said behind Diana. Turning around, she saw Remus walk through the locker room's entrance with a sympathetic smile on his lips.

"You're not supposed to be in here, you know," said Diana teasingly, though she couldn't help but to smile at his sight.

"I know, I know." He nodded lightly, walking closer to her. "I just came to say you did great today. The weather was terrible."

"Thanks. But speaking of which, how come you're dry?" Diana questioned, looking at him up and down.

"Water repellent charm and conjuring a transparent umbrella," Remus explained with a little proud grin.

     "Nice. I could've really used —"

     "What the hell is he doing in here!?" A sharp voice cut her off. Looking back, they saw Finn Martin walking forth with a deep frown upon his forehead.

He was one of the players on the Slytherin Quidditch team and the person Diana despised the most at Hogwarts, now that Evan Rosier was gone.

"I just came here to s—" Remus began, but Finn broke him off again rudely.

"Why don't you crawl back to your little hellhole, Gryffindor?"

"And why don't you mind your own business and go take a shower? You smell like a dead fish," Diana snapped at him fiercely.

"You're siding with him?" Finn said gravely before letting out a mocking scoff. "You do realize that he's only using you, right? Probably wants to spy on our team."

"You've never sounded more ridiculous to me. Must be a new world record."

Finn glared at her. "You better hope I don't become the Quidditch Captain next year, Greengrass. Because I don't let naive girls like you on my team."

With another deadly glare at the two of them, Finn walked back into the locker room.

"Naive girl? That stupid bitch! I'll kill him!" Diana began to move forward angrily, but Remus was quick to grab onto her arm and hold her back. "Let go of me!"

"There are better ways to deal with this situation," said Remus, trying to calm her down.

"Like what?"

Remus only smiled. "Leave that to me."

Diana gave him a worried look. "What's on that mind of yours, Lupin?"

"Just trust me." Remus shrugged, still smiling mischievously.

      "All right," Diana mumbled. "Anyway, I think I'll go to my own dorm to change. I really don't want to see Finn for the rest of the day, if I can help it. Otherwise I'll end up in Azkaban before I can finish sixth year."

     Remus laughed at that. "Well, at least let me accompany you down to your common room."

     "Don't you want to get back to your own common room to celebrate?"

     "No, it's fine. Gryffindors throw way too many parties. I'm used to them at this point."

     After putting her broomstick inside her personal closet in the locker room, Diana left the Quidditch field along with Remus and walked back to the castle. All the way, Diana was shivering in her wet robes, her whole body trembling because of the cold. The halls were as empty as it could get. Everyone had already returned to the warmth of their common rooms and away from the chilling corridors.