Chapter 13

"WHAT?" Diana and Layla exclaimed at the same time, causing all heads at the Slytherin table to turn at their direction.

Their reaction seemed to amuse Black, because his smirk became even broader. "I asked if you would go out with me. You know, on a date."

"I'd rather choke on my own saliva and die, but thanks," Diana said sweetly, giving him a fake smile.

This time it was Black's turn to be caught off guard. As it seemed, he wasn't used to girls turning him down at all.

But before he could say anything in response, Layla beat him into it quickly, saying, "Actually, she would love to go out with you."

Diana turned her startled look on the girl and frowned. "What? No, I d —"

"And that's because she knows how to have fun," Layla cut her off and gave her a meaningful look. "Remember?"

Diana gritted her teeth together, knowing well that she was referring to the stupid bet they had made that same day.

She knew she could've simply said no, but they had made a bet, and Diana hated to be the one to chicken out of a challenge or lose a bet. She always had this competitive side to her and the desperate need to prove herself.

"Oi! Padfoot!" Turning around at the voice behind them, they saw James Potter and Peter Pettigrew approaching them.

"What?" Black questioned.

"It's time to go," said Potter, tapping on his wrist-watch. "You know... to attend to our... er... furry little problem."

"Oh, yeah!" Sirius nodded in realization. "I'll catch up with you in a minute. You two go on."

"All right." Potter shrugged and so he left the Great Hall along with Pettigrew.

If this was any other time, Diana would've found this curious, wondering what they'd meant by that and why they were acting all mysterious. But now she was too busy being torn between the temptation of punching Black in his face, or winning a bet.

"Well...?" Black asked, turning to face Diana again. "How about that date, Miss Greengrass?"

It took Diana everything to finally say after a long pause, "Fine."

The smirk returned to the boy's face as he got to his feet. "Great! Then how about next week? Sunday night, six o'clock?"

"Sounds great!" Layla said when Diana failed to speak.

Diana didn't dare to answer him herself, because she knew that if she opened her mouth, only curse words would come out of it.

"I'll see you then." Sirius sent Diana a wink before standing from the Slytherin table and leaving after his two friends.

Diana pursed her lips together after long seconds of silence between them. "This is officially the worst day of my life."

Layla grinned slyly. "Excellent."

***

"I can't believe this!" Diana groaned as the two girls left the Great Hall and walked down the marble staircase to get to the dungeons. "Ugh, my first date ever is with Sirius Black!"

"I think how you meant to say it is," Layla cleared her throat before continuing in a dreamy and excited voice, "Oh, my God! I can't believe this! My first date ever is Sirius Black!"

     "Why are you so giddy about him asking me out? He's your ex boyfriend!"

     "Technically, we were never boyfriend and girlfriend. But like I said, it was a fun two weeks, which I really recommend."

"Ugh..." Diana gave her a look of disgust, shaking her head.

"Why do you hate the idea of kissing him so much? Each time I talk about it, you get disgusted!"

"Do you have any idea how many mouths he's had on his lips?" Diana shuddered at the thought. "He's basically kissed half the girls at Hogwarts at this point."

"Maybe, but he's only kissed one Slytherin." Layla winked, pointing at herself.

"That's also one of the reasons that I find it very suspicious. This whole thing stinks, if you ask me."

"Why? Just because a guy dared to ask you out?"

"I would take that personally if it were any other time, but in this case, it's actually true. It is weird that he asked me out."

"But what's so weird about it?"

"Sirius Black hates all Slytherins."

"So? He asked me out last year, didn't he?"

"Um, have you ever looked in the mirror?" Diana raised a brow at her. "You're one of the prettiest girls at Hogwarts."

"The prettiest, if you don't mind." Layla grinned. But then she shook her head when Diana gave her a look, clearing her throat. "Sorry. Not the point. Go on."

"Right... What I'm trying to say is that, you're the only Slytherin girl he's ever dated. He hates everything about Slytherins and Purebloods, even though he's one. Why would he ask me all of a sudden, when there are a hundred other girls who are way prettier than me and are dying to go out with him? There's a motive behind it."

"Ugh, for crying out loud! Is it really that hard to believe that someone could actually fancy you?"

"Not just someone. But when it comes to Sirius black, then yes. It is hard to believe."

   Diana never cared much about the way she looked, and what the others thought of her was the least of her worries. But despite this, she was finding it odd that she had caught Sirius Black's eyes, specially since she was a Slytherin. She knew that he had built reputation for himself when it came to dating only the prettiest girls at Hogwarts. Even those who were older than him, such as Gwenog Jones.

"Look, if you're gonna be all paranoid on any date you go on, maybe you should just back out of the bet," said Layla, shrugging.

"I'm not backing out of anything," Diana said firmly. Her pride would never allow her to lose a bet, or even worse, to back out of it willingly.

    She was going to go through with the stupid date and get it all over with. But that didn't stop her from feeling suspicious. Layla might not want to believe it, but Sirius Black was certainly up to something. That much Diana was sure of.