Friday Night Bites: Elena I

As soon as the bell rang, Dean, Stefan, and I were the first ones out of the classroom, and I still found myself thinking about what happened between Dean and Mr. Tanner. "How did you know all of that?" I asked him. "Sheila always made me do crossword puzzles with her," he replied with a smile. "Plus, I got a little extra help from Mr. Loner over here." Stefan rolled his eyes, but I could see the underlying mirth in them. "Yeah, yeah, but it saved your ass, didn't it?" Stefan snarked.

"Well, whatever the reason, I'm still impressed," I declared. "Thanks, Lena. I just wish Mr. Asshole didn't have to bring up the Korean War," Dean griped. "That was a dick move." "Well, you still got the answer right," I offered. "Barely," he countered. "But you still got it, so it doesn't matter anymore," Stefan said encouragingly.

Dean exhaled and I could see him relenting to our good-natured argument. "Yeah, I guess you're both right," he sighed. "Oh, I know we are," I remarked. He glanced at me and nudged me slightly. I nudged him back and giggled.

"Well, I gotta run, but I'll see you both later," Stefan smiled, before walking away. We both said goodbye to him before walking in the opposite direction. "So, are you okay?" I asked. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Dean responded casually. "It's just that I saw you looked a little pissed off at Mr. Tanner in class," I noted.

"That's 'cause he's a jerk."

He had me there, but I still wasn't going to give up. I know what I saw. "I know that he's an asshole, but the way you looked at him today was completely different," I argued. "You looked about ready to kill him... literally." Dean shrugged and looked ahead. "Lena, it didn't mean anything, I was just mad, okay?" he sighed.

"Okay, fine," I said raising my hands in surrender. Then, we both continued walking to our next class.

*                    *                    *

Later that day after school, the boys were out practicing on the field while the girls were stretching and getting ready to practice our cheers. As soon as I made my presence known, Bonnie perked up and wrapped her arms around me. "Oh, my God, you're actually here!" she squealed with excitement. I smiled brightly and twirled around showing off my ponytail and bow.

"Yes, I am," I declared proudly. "I can't be "sad girl" forever. The only way to get things back to the way they were is to do the things that were." Bonnie grinned excitedly at her friend, as she began her stretches. "Oh, and you're coming to dinner tonight," Elena chimed. "Yeah? What's the occasion?" Bonnie questioned. "Having dinner with Dean and Stefan," Elena replied casually. The grin dissolved off of Bonnie's face, and her lips curled into a frown. "Aww, Elena," Bonnie groaned. "Come on, Bonnie, you know Dean. You know he's a good guy," Elena argued. Bonnie exhaled deeply and shrugged in agreement. "Okay, fine. What about Stefan? We barely know anything about him," she reasoned. "All the more reason to invite him over and get to know him," Elena retorted.

"But tonight's no good," Bonnie tried weakly. "Have you seen Caroline? I texted her like a hundred times." That made Elena pause in her tracks. Come to think of it, she hadn't seen the blonde at all today, which was really strange. Or maybe she was just reading too much into things. "No, I haven't, but that doesn't mean anything," Elena brushed off. "So, don't go changing the subject. You're going to be there."

"Fine. I'll go," Bonnie relented at last.

"Good."

The Supernatural Diaries {Book One}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें