Friday Night Bites: Devil's Tango, Damon's Tango! What's the Difference?

Later that night after everyone had left, Elena was upstairs laying on her bed in her room reading a book when she suddenly heard a tapping at her window. She turned around to see what was causing it but saw nothing. She furrowed her brow and went back to reading. A few seconds later she heard the tapping sound again.

Once she looked for the source of the noise and once again, she saw nothing. Finally, she exhaled and got off the bed to go to the window. After she opened it up and looked down, she was greeted with the sight of Dean starting up at her with a wan smile on his face.

"Hey," he said sheepishly. Elena huffed. "Hey. What are doing outside my window, it's the middle of the night?" "I wanted to talk to you about what happened tonight without everyone else overhearing," he explained. "I know you probably have a lot of questions and I promise I'll answer them if you let me."

Elena pursed her lips but nodded. "Okay. Gimme just a second, and I'll be downstairs," replied softly. "No need. Step back from the window," Dean waved off. Elena frowned in confusion. However, before she could utter a word, she was stopped by the sight of Dean expertly scaling the walls of the house, using his unnatural agility to ricochet off the large tree branch to catapult himself through the window and land quietly on his feet in Elena's bedroom while the girl in question gaped in disbelief at her boyfriend's antics.

"Dean, what the hell was that?" Elena gasped once she finally found herself able to speak.

"I come from a military family, remember?" he answered semi-truthfully.

Elena eyed him dubiously but accepted his answer. "Whatever. You said you wanted to talk, so talk." Dean exhaled deeply and nodded. "Yeah. First off, I want to apologize for not telling you sooner about me and Damon. It's just that-" "What? You thought I would judge you or ridicule you for having a boyfriend?" Elena griped bitterly. "What? No, Elena. Not at all," he said slightly taken aback. "Then, why?" she exclaimed. "Did you not trust me after everything we've been through since you and your brother moved here?" "No! God, Elena, you've got it all wrong," he started.

"THEN WHY?!"

"BECAUSE I WAS ASHAMED!" Dean shouted.

The abruptness of his answer mixed with the tone of his voice not only startled Elena but also caused her to re-evaluate her position. However, she decided not to speak until Dean was finished. "I'm sorry for yelling like that, I didn't mean to. I just- for years I have been so used to being defensive about who I am and... who I'm attracted to that I just snapped," Dean explained. "I do trust you, Elena. I just, need a little time to wrap my head around the fact that I have people around me who love and support me that's all. Do you think we can move past this?"

Elena sighed softly with her arms folded across her chest. "As long as you promise to be honest with me from now on," she relented. A wide grin spread across Dean's face and he quickly scooped Elena up into his arms and twirled her around adoringly, making her let out a surprised squeal before setting her back down on her feet. Once she could stand on her own again, she stood on her tiptoes, draped her arms around his neck, and kissed him sweetly. Dean clutched her tightly across the waist and deepened the kiss.

Elena moaned softly and shifted her body weight so she could lead them back over to the bed while one of her hands found the clasp of his belt buckle and began to undo it. This caused Dean to stop and look at her inquisitively before asking, "Are you sure?" She blushed lightly and smiled, "I want this, Dean. I want you. All of you." Then she brought his lips back down to hers and kissed him again, as Dean lifted Elena off her feet and carried her over to the bed and laid her gently on the mattress.

He broke away from her lips and trailed kisses down her jaw and neck making her moan lewdly. Just then he pulled away and lifted himself off of her, much to her annoyance. Until she saw him remove his shirt and then move to discard hers. However, before he did so, he gazed into her eyes inquisitively and asked, "Is this okay?" She smiled gleefully. "It's more than okay," she answered. Then she sat up slightly so that he could take off her blouse while her hands moved to his waist to unbuckle his belt. But before she could fully remove the restricting piece of outerwear, he pulled her hands away with a smirk on his face. "Not yet," he whispered huskily, sending a sharp chill down her spine.

He resumed his gentle ministrations on her neck and cleavage as Elena's nimble fingers roamed his toned abdomen and her legs wrapped around his hips. "Dean, do you," she moaned. "Do you have-- oh, God-- protection?"

Without halting the laser-like focus he was giving her body, Dean reached into his back pocket and pulled out a condom package, and showed it to his girlfriend, who giggled raucously. "Of course, you have one in your pocket."

Eventually, they stripped out of every article of clothing they had on and moved further onto the bed, kissing and touching each other sensually as they went. Their lovemaking was slow yet deliberate. Gentle yet passionate. The way she gasped as she felt him move inside her with such skill and care. The way he fought to control himself every time her walls clenched around him. It was all too much and not enough simultaneously.

Suddenly, a familiar, ominous sensation burned on Dean's wrist, and he knew that at any moment, he was going to lose control of the Mark. Not wanting Elena to see his red eyes he buried his in her nape and closed his eyes. Luckily, it didn't last long and the surge from the Notam Bellatores soon departed. But when he looked back up again, he was greeted with the face of Damon Salvatore smirking up at him, making him jump back in horror.

In flash, Dean bolted straight up in a cold sweat dripping down his forehead and coating his bare chest. Forcing himself to calm down, he clenched up tensely when he felt someone move next to him. He snatched his head in that direction ready to attack but immediately settled down once he realized it was Elena. He exhaled deeply and plopped his head back down on the pillow, squinting a little from the moonlight shining through the window.

Wait, he thought in confusion. Didn't I close that window after I came in? Just as quickly as he relaxed into the bed, the Hunter immediately shot up again, as a gaping pit formed in his stomach. He jumped out of the bed and darted over to the open window, not even bothering to put on his underwear, and looked out in search of any sign of his ex, who was no doubt lurking somewhere nearby.

He glanced back at Elena's sleeping, naked form covered only by the thin sheets on her bed and a light blanket before glaring out the window once more. "Listen to me, Damon," he snarled lowly. "I know you're out there and I know that you think you can get to me by hurting Elena, but it won't work! I don't care that you're in Mystic Falls, I don't care what you have planned, but if you come after another person I care about, I swear on my Mother's soul... I will end you. Just try me, you son of a bitch."

And with a final glare outside, he slammed the window closed and twisted the lock before going back to bed. All in all, he was tired of dancing the devil's jig; he just wanted it to be over.