The New Student, Part II

"Hold up who's this?" Bonnie asked suddenly. Elena paused to see who she was referring to. There, she laid eyes on a mysterious stranger in a leather jacket and hoodie. He was quite tall and had short hair, but that was all she could tell since his back was to her and her friend. "Well, all I see is back," she replied. "It's a hot back," Bonnie countered.

Over in the registrar's office, the woman at the desk was speaking to the mysterious stranger, and said, "Your records are incomplete, you're missing immunization records, and we do insist on transcripts." Then the student lowered his shades to peer through at her and his pupils dilated and twinkled under the fluorescent lights.

"Please look again. I'm sure everything you need is there."

The secretary stared dazed and emotionless, before suddenly responding with, "Well, you're right. So it is."

"I'm sensing Seattle and he plays the guitar," Bonnie squinted. Elena laughed lightly. "You're really going to run this psychic thing into the ground, huh?"

"Uh-huh."

Elena smiled accordingly and shook her head.

"Hey, Jeremy, this way," she heard Sam say from down the hall. The Gilbert sister looked up and sure enough, Sam was leading a very stoned Jeremy into the boys' room. She narrowed her eyes and started walking off to catch up with them. "I'll be right back."

In the restroom, Sam was ranting to himself about how it was too early for Jeremy to be picking fights and getting bombed, as he fished a vial of eye-drops out of his bag and handed them to his friend in annoyance. "Sam, the man. Always comin' through for me," Jeremy slurred. "Just shut and take the damn drops," Sam hissed.

"Are you kidding me?" a familiar voice rang out. Sam winced and lowered his head. "Crap!" Sam took the vial back from Jeremy and raised his arms in submission. Elena groaned and looked to Sam for an explanation. "Long-story-short, he got high at the Stoner Pit with Vicki, Tyler showed up, " Sam sighed, "but I pulled him out of there before it got too hairy."

"Bro!"

"Hey, man, your ass is on the line; I'm trying to help you," Sam responded.

"Thank you, Sam," Elena cut in. "Can I get a moment with him?"

"Please do, he's all yours." And with that, Sam grabbed his things and left.

Once he had fled the room, Elena glowered at her brother. "Great. It's the first day of school and you're stoned." "No, I'm not," Jeremy scoffed. "Oh, really, so your best friend was lying then?" He paused and did nothing but cross his arms and look away from her.

"Where is it?" she demanded. "Is it on you?" She reached for his pockets and he immediately pushed her away. "No, stop it, Elena. Damn, you need to chill yourself, alright?" He griped. "Chill myself? What is that, stoner talk? Dude, you are so cool," she snarked. She continued to look through his stuff and he continued to resist. "Look, stop! I don't have anything on me, are you crazy?"

"You haven't seen crazy, Jeremy!" She yelled. "I gave you a summer pass, but I am done watching you destroy yourself." He got up to leave, but she held him back fiercely. "No, no, no, no, no! You know what, keep it up. But just know that I will be there to ruin your buzz every time, you got it?" All he did was roll his eyes and push past her on his way out of the restroom.

When she heard the door slam shut she let out a groan of frustration. It was only after she was able to gather her wits a few minutes later that she turned and exited the restroom and nearly walking right into the mysterious new guy.

"Uh, pardon me," he said.

She stared in awe at the young man standing before her. From perfectly coiffed medium brown hair, to his defined jaw, his piercing hazel-green eyes, and a strong Roman nose. Not to mention those perfect lips. "Um... isn't this the men's room?" he inquired. It was then that she finally snapped out of it and realized what he meant.

"Yes, um. I was just, um-- I was just-- it's a long story," she stammered awkwardly. She tried to step aside to go around him, but at the same time, he also stepped aside to let her pass. This happened a couple more times before Elena finally got around him and walked away. However, as she did, she turned back to look at the mysterious student and he caught her eye. Then, she disappeared around the corner. The new guy smiled, but before he entered the bathroom, he felt someone else's eyes on him as well and turned to face them.

As soon as he did, he froze dead in his tracks. (No pun intended.) For who he saw was none other than Dean Winchester. It was clear that he had watched the entire interaction and wasn't very pleased if it was any indication by his furrowed brow, narrowed eyes, and clenched jaw.

To most people, that would be intimidating, but the mystery guy stood his ground. Then, Dean walked right in his direction down the path to follow after Elena. But when he got to the student he stopped. An unspoken conversation passed between them as they shared a knowing look and then Dean sighed loudly and shook his head.

"She doesn't deserve this, man," he said.

"I know," came the other guy's response.

"Then, you also know what happens if you hurt her," Dean stated more than asked. The immortal gave him the side-eye. "Yes."

Dean nodded, seemingly satisfied with the other man's answer. "Good," he said clapping his shoulder. "See you in history, and warn me if you see any sign of--" "Trust me, if he comes back, Dean, you'll be the first to know." Dean let himself relax.

"Later, Stefan."