You're Undead to Me: Dean I

"Caroline is our friend, Dean. Doesn't that mean something to you?"

"Of course it does, and believe me all I want is to help her, but this is not the way. God forbid- if we take Damon to court, all hell is going to break loose."

"Why don't you want to expose Damon after everything he's done?"

"Because I know firsthand what Damon has done to her. Now, look, I don't expect you to understand, but I need you to trust me right now. Can you do that?"

"Trust is earned."

My eyes shot open as I bolted upright on the... lavish bed?

I jerked my head around to see where I was, and I was both comforted and unnerved to know that I was in the Salvatore Mansion. That's strange. I don't even remember coming here. In fact, the last thing I remember was talking to Elena at the Founder's Party.

I looked over at the clock on the bedside table, and my throat constricted tightly as my eyes went wide with fear. It read as 9:00 AM. But that wasn't possible, it was still, like, 10 at night. My breathing became uneven as tendrils of fear clawed at my chest.

And that's when I realized I must've blacked out again. Only this time, I couldn't remember what happened. I couldn't remember anything past my conversation with Elena. Oh, God! Did I hurt somebody again? Did I-

Just then, the door to the room swung open, and I jumped out of the bed in surprise, hitting my knee against the nightstand. "Ah, fuck!" I swore, clutching my kneecap. "I'm so sorry," Stefan lamented. "I should have knocked first, but I heard your heart rate spike so I-" "No, no. You're good, Stef," I groaned. "It was my fault for being so dramatic."

Stefan nodded and started towards me. "Well, do you need anything?" "Yeah, I, uh..." I trailed off. What was I supposed to say? Hey, Stefan, sorry if this sounds weird, but I have been having these episodes and I keep blacking out and losing time. Can you tell me if I went on a killing spree? That's not something that just rolls off the tongue despite how crazy our lives are. Besides, I don't think letting Stefan know I'm having blackouts and gaps in my memory is the right thing to do right now.

Realizing that I have been silent for too long, I cleared my throat, and said, "I was just wondering what all happened last night. You know? After the party."

Stefan arched his eyebrow in suspicion and I winced internally. Damn it. Must have been too obvious.

"Well, after we talked to Elena, we went to find your brother, and we stopped Damon from killing Caroline, remember?" he encouraged. Images flashed through my brain from last night, and I was barely able to glimpse the fragmented visions of my supposed encounter with the other Salvatore brother before the daydream shattered in my mind, dragging me back to reality.

"Dean, are you alright?" Stefan probed gently. "I'm fine, I just, I need to get some air," I gulped, my voice wavering. Then I gave him a shaky smile, clasping his shoulder as I left the room to go outside.

It was true, I did need air. But I also needed to find out what the hell was happening to me first, and to do that, I needed to go back to the first place this occurred. I needed to go back to where my first blackout occurred. I needed to go back to Whittemore College and find out what really happened to Eris Rivera.