Stefan I

I lost control today. Everything I've kept buried inside came rushing to the surface. I'm simply not able to resist her. But I know that I have to. Especially, now that Dean is in the picture. If I hurt Elena, I'd never forgive myself. And after all the hell that Dean went through to look out for me, if I betrayed his trust, well... I don't know what I would do.

After all, he's the closest thing to a big brother that I've had in a long while. I almost forgot what it was like to have someone that loyal and trustworthy.

Just then, there was a knock on my bedroom door. I turned around in my chair to see who it was and speak of the devil and he shall appear. "Dean, hi!" I said.

"Hey, man."

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Dean scoffed lightly, "What I can't visit an old friend without a doom and gloom reason?" I shrugged in response. Dean rolled his eyes and entered my room. "Well, if I'm being honest, I'm here for business as well as seeing a friend."

I arched my eyebrow. "Business?" It was only then that I noticed the newspaper in his left hand with a headline that read: A COUPLE M.I.A. ON HIGHWAY 90!

You know how you get that sense of dread when you read a book and you know that your favorite character is about to meet his untimely end because the monster is lurking in the shadows waiting to strike? Well, that's how I feel right now. "You don't think I did this, do you?" I inquired carefully. "I wouldn't be here asking you if I did," he replied immediately.

The dread I felt creeping into my heart twisted violently and I immediately felt like I had something to lose now. I got up out of my chair and grabbed the newspaper out of his hand. After skimming through the entire article, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to control myself before turning back to Dean and handing him the paper.

"So what now?" I asked.

"I think that's obvious," Dean stated.

My shoulders sagged in exhaustion as I knew what was coming next.

"We got work to do."

To Be Continued...

.....