You're Undead To Me: Soap Suds & New Buds (Pt. 1)

ELENA

After making dinner for Elena, Dean spent the night at her house again. Not in a sexy, clandestine way, just, you know, for cuddles and hugs. Wow! That's something Dean never thought he would be into again after his relationship with Damon ended sourly. He guessed it was just another one of those pleasant surprises that were completely and utterly Elena-centric.

"I'm really grateful for what you and Stefan did," Elena mooned.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it," Dean said beamed, even as a small frown withered his contentedness. "Truthfully, there was a part of me that didn't think you would forgive me. I thought that I was gonna lose you because of everything that Damon had put us through." Elena furrowed her brow softly, as she propped herself up on her forearms to stare at Dean who was laying with his arm underneath his head.

"Why do you do that?" she asked vaguely. He raised his eyebrow in confusion. "Do what?"

"Do that thing where you push everyone away or think that everyone is going to abandon you?" Elena clarified. Dean shifted awkwardly on the bed while his eyes flitted anxiously from Elena's gaze to the ceiling to literally anywhere else in the room. "I don't think everyone is going to abandon me, Lena," he hesitated. "I'm just used to people taking off on me, and don't like to make a habit of wearing my heart on my sleeve."

Instead of settling her concerns, Dean's response only served to open up more questions about Dean. This was emphasized further as she laid back down on his chest and noticed a faded pink scar along his collarbone, and she was suddenly reminded of all the unanswered questions she had from earlier. How did he get so jaded? Why did he have so many scars on his body that looked like they were from some kind of animal? Why did Dean and Sam seem so collected when they were treating Vicki's neck wound last month? What happened to Dean's parents, and why was he convinced that it wasn't natural causes that killed them?

And even more concerning, why was Dean still protecting Damon Salvatore after everything he has done?

SAM

"Hi, Sam, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I moved here a few weeks ago, and we have the same science teacher," a young teenager with dark brown hair greeted kindly, stretching out his hand. "My name is Andy... Gallagher." Sam's eyes widened in realization, as he gave him a welcoming smile from where he was sitting behind the counter minding the cash register for the car wash. "Oh, right, you were one of my partners for that Biology project we had," Sam beamed in recognition. "It's good seeing you again."

"You, too," Andy nodded.

Sam bolted straight up in his bed, sweat gleaming on his brow and making his hair to the side of his head. Why was he having dreams about some random kid that he met in his Biology class? More importantly, why have his dreams been coming true as of late? It's like ever since the night the comet passed over Mystic Falls, Sam's dreams have become wider and more vivid; it's almost like they are visions or something. But that couldn't be right, could it? I mean, Bonnie was supposed to be the descendant of witches, not Sam.

Then again, stranger things have happened. Maybe he would talk to Sheila about it later.

Sam yawned and glanced over at the alarm clock on his nightstand and nearly had a panic attack when he saw how late it was. Crap! Sam had promised Caroline he would be at the school early to help out with manning the cash register and sign-up sheets, and setting up for the fundraiser. Oh, she was going to be so pissed.

Having completely forgotten about his strange premonitions, Sam jumped out of bed and darted into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

ELENA, CAROLINE, STEFAN, SAM, AND DEAN