Night of the Comet: Getting Answers

Matt was slumped and unconscious in the chair next to Vicki's bed. She had just recently woken up and had gotten some food brought to her. When she saw her little brother knocked out across from her she grinned and chucked her roll of bread at him jokingly. He snorted and blinked groggily as he instinctively sat at attention.

"What the--" he started.

She giggled at his reactions. "Finally you're awake," she jeered.

He readjusted himself in his seat and said, "Hey. How are you feeling? You look better." She smiled and gave a thumbs-up as the universal sign for all good. "I was worried there for a moment," he admitted. "You really had me freaked out with all that screaming."

At this, she looked confused. "Wait, what are you talking about?" She asked. Matt quirked an eyebrow. "You're telling me you don't remember?" he questioned. She shrugged her shoulders replying that she felt fine.

"Good," he blinked. "Good." He figured if she didn't remember the incident, then it was probably best not to bring it up again. "The doctor said you can come home tomorrow," Matt continued. "Vick, what attacked you in the woods?"

Almost immediately, her happy expression melted into something more stone-faced and solid. "An animal. What else could it have been?" She replied. Matt furrowed his brow slightly at her answer. However, before he could interrogate her further, Jeremy walked in.

"Hey. How do you feel?" he inquired. Vicki looked up at him and smiled. "I'm okay." Matt looked between the two of them a few times before excusing himself from the room, hiding a small smile as he left.

Once it was just the two of them Jeremy made his way to the chair that Matt had abandoned and sat next to her. "Why are you here?" She questioned. "I just wanted to see if you were alright," he replied genuinely. "Did you see that look on Matt's face?" she pointed out. "That was suspicion. I don't want people to find out about us, Jeremy."

"Well, you gotta get over that," Jeremy shot back with a smile.

"Tyler is finally showing some interest," she protested. This made the young Gilbert scoff. "Yeah, you gotta get over that, too," he griped. "Do you see Mr. Concerned?" He looked under the hospital bed as though he were looking for something and said, "Tyler? Are you under there?"

She laughed at his antics. "It's just not cool for people to know," she argued. "Okay? I'm older than you, and Matt and Elena would freak. You remember what happened last time when Sam had a crush on me, Dean lost his shit and called me a child molester, and he and Matt stopped talking for a month."

"While I disagree with Dean calling you a child molester, it did seem like you were leading Sammy on, and he was in seventh grade with me at the time," Jeremy admitted.

"I did not lead him on!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down, I didn't say you did," Jeremy said, raising his arms in surrender. "But returning to the topic of suspicion, no one is gonna suspect anything. Besides, why wouldn't I check up on you, I'm the one who found you?"

She paused.

"You are?"

"Well, Sam and Dean found you first and restarted your heart and everything, but I'm the one who called for help," Jeremy clarified. Vicki rolled her eyes fondly at her apparent "rescuer."

"Well, whatever part you played in my rescue," she exhaled, placing a hand over his, "thank you." He beamed with pride.

"Yeah, you're welcome."

To Be Continued...

.....