Haunted: All Hallow's Eve

VICKI & MATT

Once Vicki arrived back at her home, she squatted down and picked up a large potted plant, and grabbed the silver key that was lying on the ground. Then she unlocked the front door to her house, but when she tried to walk past the threshold, she found that she could not. She tried two more times to enter the house before Matt walked towards the door.

"Vicki?" he gasped.

"Hey, Mattie," she smiled.

Her little brother immediately rushed out of the house and wrapped her up in a tight hug, which she returned. All confusion she had about being unable to enter the house was forgotten, as she relaxed in his embrace. At least until she smelled the blood rushing through his veins. Quickly, she pulled away and turned her head slightly so that his scent wasn't fully impacting her nose.

"Please come inside," he invited. "I've been worried about you."

She took a hesitant step towards the doorway and was surprised when she was able to get through. Must be another vampire thing. She thought.

A while later after she got settled in, Matt made her some food and kept asking her where she had been. "Nowhere. Okay, I told you to just forget about it," she groaned. Matt bristled in shock. "Forget about it? Vicki 3 people are dead and the cops are looking for you," he argued. "They wanna question you."

"They know where I live," Vicki countered.

"Everyone was worried about you," Matt responded.

"Yeah, well, no need to worry. I'm back now," Vicki huffed. "Just let it go."

Matt narrowed his eyes at his sister's nonchalant attitude. "Are you kidding? I had a fucking search party out looking for you while you were off on your crazy drug trip," he shouted, "and you want me to just let it go?" Vicki snarled in frustration and slammed her fist on the plate in front of her, shattering it. "My head hurts," she grumbled.

"You think?" he snarked.

Just then, there was another knock on the door and Matt excuses himself to answer it, leaving Vicki in her own thoughts. While he was busy, Vicki took deep breaths to calm herself down and control her bloodlust. That's when she heard her brother say, "Stefan? What are you doing here?"

"Is Vicki home?" the voice of the older vampire rang out. "Yeah," Matt nodded. "Can I see her, please?" Stefan asked.

"Don't let him in. I don't want him in here," Vicki piped up. "Did he do something to you?" Matt furrowed his brow. "No, I just don't want him in here," Vicki replied.

Stefan gave Matt an apprehensive look. "Listen, Matt, just let me come in so I can explain myself," he implored. "Stefan, I don't know what's going on, but I think you should leave," Matt sighed. "Matt—" Stefan began, but he was cut off by Matt closing the door in his face.

ELENA & JEREMY

"You gotta call me, Vicki," Jeremy pleaded as he left another voice message to Vicki, as he paced through the kitchen. "I don't get it. What's going on with you? Just— just call me, please."

Elena had just walked in at the tail end of Jeremy's message and frowned just as he hung up the phone. "Hey," she cleared her throat, heading for the refrigerator. "Do you wanna hang out tonight? We could go to the Halloween thing at school. Could be fun. Jeremy didn't even try to look happy as he turned around to look at his older sister. "Yeah, great. Sounds fun. Uh, can't wait," he moaned. Then he pivoted on his foot and started heading for the stairs.

"I know you're upset about Vicki," Elena blurted out. "I heard she called Matt. But you can't be with her. She needs to get better, and the best thing you can do for her is let her go." "What does that even mean "let her go"?" Jeremy questioned. "Oh, okay, sure. Since we're such experts on letting people go, right?"