Family Ties: There's A Lot of History Here

THE LOCKWOODS

That evening, all of the guests were arriving at the Lockwood Mansion, and Tyler and his parents stood outside to greet them at the front door. Just then, Tyler caught a glimpse of Vicki standing in the line of people and immediately left his parents' side and discreetly pulled his girlfriend out of the line and took her around the back entrance. Unfortunately for him, this did not escape his mother's attention.

STEFAN & SAM

As Stefan walked down the stairs and folded down the collar of his shirt over his blazer, Zach waited for him at the bottom of the stairwell with a defeated look on his face. "That was his favorite scotch. I'm sorry it didn't work," he apologized. "Don't be. I wasn't counting on it," Stefan answered. The two men walked down the hall towards the front door, and that was when Zach realized what Stefan was doing. "You knew it would fail," he stated. "Uh-huh. Did what I wanted. Lowered his guard. He won't expect me to try again so soon," Stefan replied. Zach smirked as he pulled out a small vial from his pocket and handed it to the vampire. "I doubled what I put in the scotch."

Stefan nodded to his nephew before exiting the house. But much to his surprise, he saw Sam Winchester dressed in a tuxedo leaning against the hood of a teal blue convertible 1968 Cadillac Coupe DeVille grinning like the cat who ate the canary. "Need a lift to the party?" Sam smirked. Stefan tilted his head. "Why? What are you planning on doing?" he questioned. "I think the real question is what's in that vial and how are you gonna use it against your brother?" Sam shot back.

Damn

Damn. This kid is way too smart for his own good. Stefan pondered. "I guess I'll tell you on the way there," Stefan remarked. Sam nodded and walked back around the car and opened the door on the driver's side while Stefan got in the passenger seat. "Did Sheila lend this to you?" Stefan inquired. "Yeah, she said she was staying in for the night anyway," Sam smirked. Then he started up the car a drove off to the Lockwoods' house.

ELENA

Elena had just finished getting dressed for the party when she spotted her dad's pocket watch sitting on the counter of her dresser. Despite the promise her mother made to Mrs. Lockwood, something didn't sit right with her about giving it to someone that wasn't family. She took a deep breath and grabbed the watch, and started down the hallway towards Jeremy's room. Quietly, she cracked open the door to his room and carefully set the heirloom on his desk before departing from her brother's presence.

DAMON

When he and Caroline finally arrived at the front of the Lockwoods', they were instantly come upon by the main hostess herself who gave them a charming smile. "Caroline. You look smashing," the Lockwood Matriarch smiled, embracing the young blonde. "Thank you, Mrs. Lockwood. This is my boyfriend Damon," Caroline beamed giving a gesture to Damon who was still standing just outside the threshold of the mansion. "Oh, well, come on in," Mrs. Lockwood invited. Damon smiled and stepped through the door. "Lovely to meet you. I've been looking forward to this party for quite a while," he greeted. "Well, enjoy." After the woman left the two adolescents, Damon held out his arm for Caroline to loop hers through, and the duo started off to the refreshments table. However, they didn't get very far before they were spotted by Caroline's mother who was still in uniform.