You're Undead To Me: Secrets & Sins

ELENA

"We digitized all our archives last year," Logan informed Elena as he led her through the news station towards the archive room. "You can pull all the remote footage right up on the screen. What is it exactly you're looking for?" As they walked into the room, she said, "An incident from 1953, if it even happened— at the old Salvatore Boarding House."

Just then, his phone rang and he pulled it out of his pocket to answer it. "Sorry, one second," he apologized, answering the phone. "Yeah? Alright, be right there." Then he hung up and sighed sheepishly. "I gotta go," he sighed. "Can you believe there is actual news to cover in this town? Okay, so use keywords to search through the database. It's pretty easy to navigate, and Brady down in tech will help you out with anything you need." Elena nodded graciously. "Thank you so much."

He smiled as he headed back for the door, before asking, "Can you put in a good word for me with Jenna?" She smiled, "You got it." After he left the room, she focused back on the computer screen and began her investigation into Stefan Salvatore.

JEREMY

A while later, he was sitting against a tree staring off into space with Vicki laying against his chest dazily. He let out an airy chuckle and she smiled. "What?" she giggled. "I'm stoned in a cemetery," he huffed. "They don't mind, they're dead," she quipped. "You know what, I'm gonna take this up a notch. Hey, Tony." As one of the other guys handed him a beer, he heard Vicki fish something out of her pocket and toss it to Tony.

"Whoa, nice," Tony grinned. "Vickies from Vicki." Tony handed his girl the vial, and she smirked, "Well, thank you, Elena Gilbert, whoever you are." At hearing his sister's name, Jeremy sobered up real quick. "You took those from the house?" he balked in shock at Vicki. The drug addict snorted lazily. "She wasn't using it," Vicki slurred.

However, Jeremy was already on his feet to grab his sister's medicine. "She's gonna notice they're gone. It's not cool," he said, snatching back the vial of pills. "It's no big deal, Jer," Vicki argued. "Yeah, it kinda is, Vic," Jeremy countered. Then, he grabbed his jacket and walked from the cemetery even as the other delinquents taunted and teased him.

Vicki chastised them for their immaturity and got up to go after Jeremy. "I'm sorry, Jeremy. I didn't mean to make you mad," she apologized once she caught up to him. "Oh, yeah? Then what are we doing in a cemetery hanging around with a bunch of losers?" Jeremy fumed as he continued, never once stopping to turn around.

Vicki gave Jeremy an affronted look and came around to the front to look him in the eye, forcing him to stop. "Those are my friends," she snapped.

"They're a waste of space small-town lifers," he insulted. A flash of hurt raced across her face, before hardening into an angry expression. "Yeah? What am I?" she seethed. "You're different, Vic," Jeremy reasoned. "No, you are! You're the kid with the big house who's acting out because his parents died. Guess what?" she hissed. "You'll get over it. You'll pull yourself together, move on, and one day tell your kids stories about your dark period growing up. And I'll still be here, waiting tables at the grill, partying at the cemetery with a bunch of waste of space small-town lifers."

"Vicki, I—" Jeremy started.

"Go home, Jeremy," Vicki spat, pushing him away, as he tried to come closer. "If I want to feel like crap about myself, I'll just go back to Tyler." Then she turned and walked away back towards the cemetery, leaving Jeremy alone.

STEFAN & MATT

Meanwhile, back at the school, Logan Fell just arrived back on the scene along with the Fire Department who had arrived shortly after the incident with the car. Across the way, Matt was sweeping up the pavement when he was approached by Stefan. "Hey, have you seen Elena?" Stefan asked. Matt looked up from what he was doing and shook his head. "No, not for a while," he answered. "You think she went home early?" Stefan asked. "Not sure," Matt replied simply. Stefan let out a deep breath and nodded solemnly, turning to walk back the way he came.