Lost Girls: Bloodbath

Upstairs in Jeremy's room, he sat at the edge of the bed and gently held a cool wet towel against her forehead, as she laid beneath the covers trying to get comfortable. "I'm sorry I'm so much trouble," she moaned. "You're not. You just— you need to sleep it off, okay?" Jeremy consoled. Then he placed a chaste kiss on the top of her head and got up to walk out of the room. However, Vicki grabbed at his sleeve and tugged him back down, launching herself into his arms, and cried softly.

They didn't know that they were being watched by Matt who was standing just outside the door with a faint smile on his face. Then he turned and walked across the hallway and back down the stairs, leaving the two of them to be in each other's company.

Shortly after he was gone, while she was still in Jeremy's arms with her face buried in his neck, that's when Vicki felt it. The tingle at the back of her throat. The tight coil in her gut just aching to spring loose. The desire to feed on human blood. She was close enough to Jeremy that she could practically hear the blood rushing through his veins and inched closer and opened her mouth to take a bite out of his neck. Thankfully she stopped herself before her teeth grazed his skin and pushed him away from her before she got up off the bed, put her shoes on, and rushed out of the room leaving Jeremy more confused than ever.

The others were alerted by the sound of her descending the stairwell, and Matt called out to her but she ignored him and sprinted out of the house even as they came after her. "She was fine and then she just freaked out," Jeremy heaved, as he got downstairs and went outside to meet everyone else.

"I'm gonna go look for her, call me if you hear anything," Matt breathed. Then he bolted off to his truck, started it up, and drove off.

"We can track her," Dean whispered in Elena's ear.

She nodded. "Then, go."

*                              *                              *

Later in the evening as the moon neared its zenith, Logan Fell was out in the woods trying to track down a vampire, keeping his head on a swivel with his gun pointed out in front of him. He had been searching for hours and he was steadily growing impatient with each passing moment. All he wanted was to catch whoever's been draining all these people and go home.

Just then, the compass arrow spun around wildly and stopped in the direction diagonal to his right. Finally! He thought as he got out his phone and dialed the sheriff. "Yeah?" she asked on the other side of the phone. "I think I got something. The compass is pointing towards the old cemetery," Fell said. "Alright, we're headed to over you. Be careful," Sheriff Forbes replied. Then Logan hung up and proceeded with caution towards the cemetery.

* * *

Back at Elena's house, she and her brother were cleaning the mess in the kitchen and the dining room while Jeremy sunk into a worried state. "Maybe we should check in with Matt," Jeremy suggested with barely contained anxiety. "He'll call when he finds her," she responded. Truthfully, she was hoping that Stefan and Dean found her before Matt did. They would know what to do if things went south, and that was much safer than Matt going out there without knowing the whole truth.

"What if he doesn't find her?" Jeremy raised his. "What are we supposed to do?"

"We wait. We're supposed to wait," Elena remarked. "I don't know what's wrong with her," Jeremy sighed. Elena managed to put on a brave face and clasped her brother's hand tenderly. "She'll be fine. It'll all be fine."

Just then the doorbell rang, and the two Gilberts rushed over to the door, hoping to finally get some news from Matt or Stefan. Elena opened the door and immediately gasped and tried to slam it shut when she saw that it was none other than Damon. However, Damon rolled his eyes and pushed the door open without even batting an eye while Elena struggled against his strength. Realizing there was no use, Elena sent Jeremy upstairs and glowered at the vampire.