162 Candles: Talismans Are A Powerful Tool

BONNIE, SAM, & SHEILA

It was early in the evening when Sam walked into Bonnie's room and saw her packing up her duffel bag. "You're leaving?" Sam called out, causing her to whirl around in surprise.

"God, Sam, don't sneak up on me like that," Bonnie exhaled.

"That didn't answer my question," Sam said, folding his arms.

"You know, my dad doesn't like it when I stay here too much, Sam," Bonnie replied.

"Because he misses you or because he doesn't trust me?" Sheila snorted as she entered the room behind Sam. "Your father's problem is he lacks imagination. He thinks I'll fill your head with all my witchy juju just like I did to this poor baby."

Sam rolled his eyes softly. "Aunt Sheila, you haven't filled my head with anything I didn't already know about," he remarked.

"Well, Dad is still right about you and me, Grams," Bonnie smiled.

"He's always right. That's his other problem," she grouched, eliciting a laugh from the two teenagers.

"Are you sure you have to go so soon?" Sam inquired softly. "It's just— you know what? Nevermind. It's okay."

Bonnie's gaze softened, and she stopped packing long enough to approach the tall teenager and hug him tightly, which he gladly reciprocated. "It's gonna be okay, Sam. Dean is gonna come back, and everything will be okay. I promise," Bonnie consoled. Then she planted a sisterly kiss on his cheek and smiled at him reassuringly. "I'm not gonna be gone forever. We still have school together, and I'll try to be here on weekends so that you and Grams can teach more of this magic stuff. And when Dean gets back, which he will, we can both kick him in the ass for scaring us so badly. Agreed?"

Sam chuckled and nodded. "Agreed."

Then Bonnie went back to packing her things, and both Sam and Sheila noticed her pick up the amulet she got from Caroline. "Uh-uh, you need to be wearing that," Sheila stated.

"I need to get it back to Caroline it doesn't belong to me," Bonnie explained.

"No, Bon, she's right. You said that Amulet protected you against Damon when he tried to take it back," Sam began.

"Yeah?" Bonnie answered back.

"Well, all the more reason for you to have it," Sam insisted. "Look, unless— until Dean comes back, Damon is basically the most powerful and the most dangerous person in town. Not even Stefan could take him in a straight fight. So, for the time being, we all need to get as much supernatural protection as we can."

"That and the fact that it belonged to your ancestor, and now it's yours," Sheila added.

"Well, I'm sure Damon isn't gonna make a move on us now that Dean is a full-fledged Immortal Hunter. It'd be suicide. Besides, Emily was your ancestor, too, Grams, why don't you take it," Bonnie responded, trying to hand the amulet to her Grams.

"It didn't find me. It found you," Sheila emphasized, pulling back Bonnie's hair so she could put the necklace on. "Protected you, just like Sam said. A witch's talisman is a powerful tool. Don't be givin' that back to anybody."

Reluctantly, Bonnie did as her grandmother instructed and put the necklace on before letting out a deep breath to calm her nerves. "I just wish it was prettier."

ELENA, JEREMY, & JENNA

Elena was sitting on the couch moping as she went over the day's events in her head when her aunt plopped down dejectedly beside her with a dramatic sigh. "You're wallowing," Jenna pointed out. "So are you," Elena retorted. "My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped," Jenna pouted.