Haunted: Damon I

It was almost 2 AM when Stefan, Dean, and I caught up to Vicki just outside an empty parking lot. Well, almost empty aside from that idiot Tyler Lockwood being mauled by Vicki. Or that's what he would've been had my brother and Dean not intervened. Honestly, their self-righteousness annoys me to no end.

Dean wrenched the baby vamp off of Tyler and Stefan helped him to restrain her while loomed menacingly over Tyler. "Damon, don't!" Dean yelled.

"What's going on here, Dean? What's wrong with her?" Tyler asked, as he stood up with a distraught look on his face.

"You, don't talk," I said.

"Screw you, dude," Tyler scoffed. I raised my eyebrow in annoyance. "'Dude?' Seriously, "dude"? That's the best you got?" I sneered as I stalked toward him. "Damon, what did I say?" Dean growled. "Oh, come on, who's gonna miss this idiot?" I griped.

And then Tyler punched me. Big mistake.

"NO!" Stefan shouted.

"Don't you hurt him!" Vicki hissed through her fangs.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed the jock by the throat and slammed him up against his car before looking deep into his eyes and saying, "Forget what you saw here tonight. None of us were here." Then I tossed over his car and started to walk off.

"Are you insane?" Dean snapped.

"At least I didn't kill him," I shot back. "Now, come on, we gotta get her back to the house before the sun comes up."

* * *

By the time we got back to the mansion, Vicki had to be carried upstairs, because she was so exhausted, and Dean wasn't doing much better. "You should probably get some sleep," I pointed out once Vicki was asleep in one of the rooms. "You can stay in the bedroom down the hall if you want."

"Down the hall, huh? You mean your bedroom?" Dean snarked groggily. "Yeah, I'm not falling for that one." He took a step towards the stairwell and nearly keeled over and tumbled down the stairs. Luckily, I was fast enough to catch him and grabbed his left arm and slung it over my shoulder as I got him to the room across from mine– because I really just wanted to stick it to him and prove that I wasn't trying to make a move on him– and laid him on the bed. Then I leaned over and caressed his cheek lightly before placing a chaste kiss on his forehead before turning to exit the room.

However, before I left, my attention was drawn to the mark on his wrist, and my breath hitched when I pulled his sleeve down and fully uncovered it. It was Notam Bellatores. And it was almost complete.

 And it was almost complete

This was not good.