You're Undead To Me: Elena II

While I was on my break, I noticed my aunt sitting on one of the benches next to the news van, as she stared openly at Logan. "Your car was done an hour ago," I teased as I walked up to her. Jenna startled and scrambled to her feet, clearing her throat awkwardly. "You're saying that our loud why?" she retorted.

Just then, the previously mentioned Logan Fell came over to meet us, giving a brilliant smile. Guess it was no wonder my aunt fell so hard. "Hi. Elena, right?" he greeted. "I think I met you once when you were nine." "Which was your emotional maturity level when we were together," Jenna snarked.

Logan gaped in mock offense. "Ouch!" he affronted. "Here I thought we were making progress."

I laughed at their banter before turning serious. "Is he enough in your good graces that I can ask him for a favor?" I asked, glancing at Logan. Logan quickly turned to his ex with a grin. "If I do her a favor, will I get back in your good graces?"

Jenna let out a sigh of surrender. "A very reluctant maybe to both," she relented. "Done. Wait, one condition," Logan nodded. "Dinner at your house tonight." "Fine, but you're eating leftovers," Jenna quipped.

"Ooh, yum," Logan remarked, turning his attention back to me. "What do you need?"

"I was wondering, do you have access to old news stories, say, fifties?" I inquired. "Yeah, at the station. Between the archives and the internet, we pretty much have everything," Logan nodded. "Well, I have this report way past due," I lied. "It'd be a real lifesaver." Logan pointed towards the van, saying, "I'm heading there now. Let's go." Then he turned and started walking back to the van.

Grabbing the purse that I had brought with me, I looked at Jenna one last time and said, "If anyone asks, you don't know where I went. I don't want Caroline to know that I left." In the distance, I saw Sam sitting at a table with a couple of other teenagers smiling and laughing, and behind them in the other parking lot, Stefan was still washing cars while Dean sat at the cash booth collecting the money from customers.

For the first time today, I realized that at some point all three of these boys had tried to derail me from investigating the weird mystery behind Stefan's past. Sam, who had been especially antsy today, had tried to shut me down continuously. Did he know something that I didn't, too? Did the others put him up to it? And if so, was it Stefan or Dean?

And why did it seem like everyone and their grandmother knew the full story except me?

Well... that was about to change.