Night of the Comet: Bonnie I

I was walking to my second period with Caroline struggling to get her to understand my family history according to my Grams. "I'm confused, are you psychic or clairvoyant?" Caroline queried. As we entered the main hallway, I said, "Technically, Grams says I'm a witch."

"You're kidding me, right?" Caroline scoffed. "No. My ancestors were these cool Salem witch chicks or something," I explained. "Grams tried to explain it all, but she was looped on the liquor so I kinda tuned out. Crazy family, yes. Witches? I don't think so."

Caroline nodded in understanding. "Yeah, well, feel free to conjure up the name and number of that guy from last night," she swooned. I smiled fondly at her romantic personality. "I didn't see him, you did," I said. "Besides, why didn't you just talk to him, Care?"

"I don't know," she responded. "I was drunk out of my mind."

At that, we both giggled and continued to class. As we went, she regaled me with her tale of epic romance that never happened, and I listened as she described her encounter with the mysterious guy she saw at the Grill last night. I had to admit, I felt a little bit jealous. Both of my friends had guys that were interested in them and I had bupkis.

However, I couldn't be mad at them, and even if I was, I couldn't stay mad. First off, it would make me a horrible friend, and secondly, I just haven't found the right guy yet.

Eventually, Caroline left to go to her class, and I proceeded to mine alone. As I trekked through the halls, thoughts of last night's party came to the forefront of my mind. The strange vision of the crow looming over Elena like a bad omen. The nightmare I had of a dark silhouette stalking Dean. Vicki getting mysteriously attacked by an animal. It was all starting to make my head spin.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and was surprised to find myself already sitting at my desk in the classroom. Well, regardless, I needed to stop thinking about all that stuff otherwise I was just going to drive myself crazy.