Unknown I

I walked down the empty road silently as I approached the border of the town. It's been a long time since I've been back home. Well, "home" is a strong word for me to use. This place hasn't really been a true home to me in a long time. Not since it happened. Not since... Nevermind.

It is peculiar though. Maybe there's something about my past that is forever rooted in this town that keeps pulling me back. Maybe it's because I am a glutton for punishment and like to be reminded of all the horrible things that happened here. Or maybe it's because of her. After all, she is the reason why, in a way, my life has been so complicated. Whatever the case might be, I think it all stems from one emotion.

Loneliness.

The need to reconnect with someone, anyone, just to remember what it feels like to be alive. Just so I can remember that I can feel at all.

But that's easier said than done. Especially with the wild and dangerous, and chaotic life that I lead. Hopefully this time I come home, it'll be different than all the other times I tried to be normal and Trouble seemed to follow me. Hopefully, this time, I can find some semblance of happiness; peace.

And as I stepped over the town line, that's what I kept telling myself. Peace.

For over a century, I've lived in secret; hiding in the shadows, alone in the world. Until now.

I am a vampire.

And this is my story.