Family Ties: Between Brothers (Winchester I)

Once they were out of earshot of the vampires, Sam grabbed two glasses of champagne from one of the waiter's trays and handed one off to Dean, not even waiting for his brother to accept it before he threw his flute back and downed the light liquor. Dean looked on curiously with subtle amusement but said nothing. After taking a swig of his champagne, Dean met his brother's eyes and said, "I'm sorry, Sam. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about everything that was happening here."

Sam tilted his head with a raised eyebrow, then let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry, too. I know that I have been giving you a hard time lately with all the stuff that's been going on, but the truth is I was just scared of losing you," Sam explained. "I thought you were letting a bunch of vampires come between us, but then Stefan helped me realize that you were actually putting yourself between me and the vampires."

Dean chuckled ruefully. "Then, I guess we both made mistakes, huh?" "Hopefully, ones that can still be amended," Sam offered. Dean clapped his little brother's shoulder affectionately. "Yeah, why not?"

"OK, good. And with that out of the way, I also wanted to apologize about the way I acted when I found out you were bisexual," Sam cringed sheepishly. "But I just want you to know it had nothing to do with the fact that you like guys, it was just—" "I get it, I get it," Dean said, cutting him off. "It wasn't about me sleeping with guys, it was about the guy I was sleeping with being Damon Salvatore. Totally understand. No big deal."

"Are you sure?"

"Sammy, yes. We're good on that front. You have never had a prejudice bone in your body, so, of course, I know you didn't mean it like that," Dean reiterated. Sam cracked a relieved smile and let the tension that had been winding up inside him ebb out of his body in waves. "OK, I guess we're good then." "Good. Now, can we please cut it out with the chick-flick moments?" Dean griped fondly.

"Jerk!" Sam sassed.

"Bitch," Dean retorted.

"Alright, but I do have to say one more thing before we head back in there," Sam admitted. Dean paused and waited for him to continue. Huffing out a long sigh of exasperation, Sam said, "Stefan told me about your Curse on the way here to the party." Dean's face twisted in anger and shock, and betrayal. "That wasn't his secret to tell!" Dean gritted out. Sam rolled his eyes gently and folded his arms. "Yeah, well, I think we both just established how good you are at keeping me in the loop, which means you can get mad at Stefan later on your own time. Besides, now that I know, I can help you find a cure," Sam offered.

"Sam," Dean began. "No, Dean, I'm not gonna let you suffer this on your own. Whether you like it or not, I'm in it now, and I'm going to save you," Sam declared. "In other news, Stefan also has a plan to take Damon down for good, and it's going down tonight."