Survival - Death Trap - Chapter 52

I made an official Taehyung teaser (above) for this chapter to celebrate his return. So please watch it before reading the chapter! Did you like it? Hope so! I'm quite nervous haha!

FLASH WARNING ⚠️

Watch the teaser above to get yourself in the right mood! Good luck!

Please don't forget to reload/update the chapter a few times before reading to receive the latest version! I'm sorry for any mistakes/errors >< I'll try to fix it ASAP! Enjoy!!

---------------------------

Throwback: Sora visiting injured Jungkook in the medical room.

Sora's POV

The longer I gazed at Jungkook, who was unconscious, the more restless I felt. How'd I managed to break an entire glass panel of the window? If Jungkook didn't shield me from the chunk of glass, I'd be one laying on the medical bed right now. I let out a soft sigh and press my palm against my face. I'm so stupid. What's going on with me? I can no longer control myself. Every time I lose my temper... I commit dangerous things. And it ends up harming people who genuinely care about me. Is this what Taehyung went through? Unable to control himself? I never understood him... I thought he was a violent person, but I was wrong. He had his reasons. When we face an intense turning point, we tend to be overwhelmed by the change, and as a result... we lose a bit of ourselves. And in that split second, everything just erupts. You don't know where to turn, where to go or what to do because... there's too much going on. So while our mind is stuck in the disorder... our body... runs on autopilot. The mind is always the one rationing our actions, but what happens when it's confused and lost? The body takes over. The body obeys the heart when the mind is disabled. The wrenching heart... unleashes its wrath, and as a response, our body unconsciously performs harmful acts. We hurt other people... and ourselves. And once the darkness wears out, we're only left with the regrets of our reckless actions. I slowly look up at Jungkook's ashen face. When I unleash my inner darkness... he takes the pain. Jeon Jungkook is my punching bag, just like I was Taehyung's punching bag. This endless... projection of pain will never end.

I got up and left the medical room when I felt my chest growing too stuffy. I initially went to the garden to get some fresh air but stopped midway when I turned to find the guest mansion before me. Jimin. I should see him. I let out a soft sigh and made my way into the guest mansion, it's slightly smaller than the main mansions, but it's still very grand compared to other average villas. It has a royal-like style, traditional like. The guest mansion was actually the first mansion built on this land. But the Kims and Jeons wanted a separate property since it was too cramped for everyone to reside in. So, they constructed a merged mansion. Half of the modern design belongs to the Kims while the traditional Korean half belongs to the Jeons. I walked up the staircase and strolled down the empty hallway to find a few maids on the first floor's lounge and asked them where Jimin was, so they pointed me to this room at the center. I turned around and approached it... knocked on the door, but there was no response, so I thumped again when I noticed someone jogging down the upper stair. Hwa-young. She halted on the stairs when she noticed me, so we exchanged weak smiles. Hwa-young shyly walked down the remaining stairs with a book clutched in her hand.

"Come in," Jimin dawdled. I quickly turned back to the door and pushed it open.

"What are you doing?! You shouldn't walk yet!" I snapped in shock when I found Jimin limping across the room. He suddenly lost his balance and almost fell, but I grabbed his arms to support him.

"I'm fine," Jimin mumbled, straightening himself while I cautiously stabilized him.

"You shouldn't use your legs yet," I nodded towards his king-size bed in a worried tone.