Survival - Wound - Chapter 7.4

Revised Version

"Oh... him..." I whispered while staring at the picture of the young boy with a bowl cut hair. I see him around at the university. He looks so haunting in the funeral picture with that straight face and dark black eyes.

"Something is off," Jungkook whispered, tilting his head at the picture. He's trying to figure out something.

"We should pay our respect and say our farewell," Jimin said quietly.

"I don't even know him well," Taehyung whispers, leading the way inside the room.

"I can't imagine how she's feeling," I whispered as I watched Mrs. Song sob in the corner of the room. Many of the households went to the funeral to pay their respect after the meeting. We didn't stay long because Mr. Jeon wanted to return to the mansion as soon as possible.

"Sora? Sora!" Jimin frantically knocked on my door when I was changing into my pajamas.

"Coming... What?" I questioned, opening the door to find Jimin leaning against the door in his pajamas too. He's staying over?

"Come to Taehyung's room if you aren't sleeping yet," He pointed towards Taehyung's room with his thumb.

"You aren't going home?" I asked him.

"No, I'm a bit frightened- I'm not sleeping alone after what happened to Jae-il," Jimin chuckled nervously.

"Kaja," I smiled, closing the door behind me, then made my way towards Taehyung's room.

"Oh, Sora," Taehyung looked up at me. He was sitting on the couch with Jungkook and there was a bunch of papers on the coffee table.

"Working on an assignment?" I asked, sitting down on a separate sofa.

"No, investigating," Taehyung shook his head while flipping through the files in his hands.

"Have some," Jimin pushed a bag of chips into my hand.

"No, thank you. Investigating what?" I asked curiously and picked up the files.

"The murder," Jimin answered, offering me the chips again but I shook my head.

"Say ah..." Jimin playfully took out a chip.

"No," I chuckled, shaking my head at him.

"Say ahhhhh!" Jimin stubbornly insisted, pushing the chips towards me over and over again, so I gave up and let him feed me.

"Good," Jimin grinned at me cheekily. Chuckling, I looked up to find Jungkook and Taehyung staring at us with their mouth hanging open. Did they figure out something?

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Nothing," Jungkook cleared his throat and blinked at the documents.

"Nothing," Taehyung coughs awkwardly before turning back to the papers. Okay...? What's up with them?

"I really think he didn't die in the gym," Jungkook suggested while scratching his head in confusion.

"What's your theory?" Taehyung questioned while flipping through the files. They're so serious about this- to the point, they're conducting their own mini-investigation huh?

"Well, no one saw him entering the gym at all. How did he end up there?" Jungkook read through the witness comments.

"True. The security footage shows no one entering or leaving the gym. How did he get there?" Jimin whispers as he skims through a stack of security footage pictures.