Survival - Blood for Blood - Chapter 24

Please refresh the story before reading to receive the latest updates I made on the chapter!

Revised Version 

Chaos erupted inside the hall at the deafening gunfires, and people were frantically running all over the place in terror. The alphas were seeking cover behind their bodyguards as they began firing aimlessly at the crowd. I turned to search for Jungkook, but he was nowhere to be seen. BANG BANG BANG.

"Sora!" Taehyung yelped, tugging me back under the stage when I tried to search for Jungkook. I need to find Jungkook.

"J-Jungkook! He was in the crowd!" I stuttered, turning to Taehyung with my eyes wide open in fear. BANG BANG BANG.

"You can't go! We have to leave!" Taehyung gritted as he tightened his grip on my arm. I couldn't focus on anything. All I could think of was the thought of Jungkook- trapped in the crowd. He's in danger!

"HE'S OUT THERE! HE WARNED US!" I cried, shoving Taehyung away from me and hurriedly crawled out of the stage. I can't leave him out there!

"PROTECT THE SUPREME ALPHA!" The chief guard screamed when they saw me dashing into the crowd. Where's Jungkook?! Multiple people dropped onto the ground, wounded by the showers of bullets as blood seeped across the marble floor. The victims screamed in pain as the blind shots plunged into their bodies. BANG BANG BANG! I covered my ears and pushed around to search for Jungkook. Guns turned to aim at me as I fought my way through the crowd. Wails and gunfires filled the venue until my ears turned static. All I could hear were the distorted and muffled sounds of the chaos...

"WATCH OUT!" Taehyung roared. He grabbed a gun from one of the bodyguards and began firing at the upper left corner of the staircase where a bartender stood aiming his shots at me from above. I'm scared... but I won't leave Jungkook either! Panting nervously, I sprinted forward at full speed, skipping over the bodies. I-I can't be scared- BANG. I snapped my head in horror... the shot missed me by half a meter to the left. I'll drop dead if I stop moving! BANG Taehyung shot down the bartender on the upper floor- BANG a shot hit a woman in front of me right in the head. I stopped dead with my mouth hanging open in terror as the woman stared at me with her terrified eyes... dropping dead onto the floor. I turned to find Taehyung staring at me with the gun raised in his hand. He shot her. I unblinkingly stared at him. Why did he kill her?!

"BE CAREFUL!" A bodyguard threw himself over me. BANG. The impact sent me tumbling onto the floor with the bodyguard. Taehyung frantically turned to aim at the lower back door where the shot came from. The bodyguard rolled off me lifelessly as I sat up in shock and shook my head to get rid of the dizziness.

"N-no... I'm sorry," I whispered as tears filled my eyes... blood was spreading over the guard's shirt as he remained twitching on the ground in distress. BANG. Taehyung took down the man behind the door, but there were still many more waiting for the opportunity to eliminate us. I unsteadily got onto my feet and turned to look at the innocent woman Taehyung shot, sprawling on the floor with a gun grasped tightly in her hand. My heart dropped. She was going the kill me...? I bit my lips and turned to find Taehyung firing repetitively to keep me safe. He was protecting me.

"AH!" I winced when someone bumped into me. I lost my balance and toppled hard onto the floor. Fuck. I tried to get up but couldn't because people kept running into me. Someone kicked my lower back, making me whimper in distress, and then someone bumped into my shoulder, sending a surge of pain up my shoulder. BANG BANG BANG.