Survival - Puzzles - Chapter 22.2

Revised Version 

I remember being peacefully asleep when Jimin suddenly stirred, sending me off the couch with a loud thud. Groaning, I groggily sat up... squinting my eyes at him as the sunlight beamed right at my face. I turned to find Jimin snoring face-first into the couch, still fast asleep. His messy hair was all over his face... so I reached out to comb it backward. I got up and placed his jacket over him since he was wrapping his arms around his body. I exhaled and pulled on my lingerie and clothes that were scattered on the floor. I boiled some water and cooked the ramen we bought at the mart. Still half asleep- I stared out the window to where the park was. Kids were happily chasing each other, and adults were rushing to work. Smiling, I took the ramen and went back into the living room.

"Jimin-ah... wake up," I whispered, tapping Jimin drowsily.

"I'm awake," Jimin muttered with his eyes closed.

"I made you ramen," I pulled his arm, so he rolled off the couch and dug into the ramen with his eyes half-open.

"Aren't you hungry?" Jimin asked, turning to look at me with one eye open.

"I had too much food last night. I'm not hungry," I shook my head repeatedly. I'm still full. After eating, we cleaned the living room and kitchen, then washed our faces .

"Wae? You look tired. I was too rough with you?" Jimin questioned my tired expression. I smiled and shook my head when I recalled our steamy night. THUD THUD THUD. Jimin and I froze when we heard rapid knockings on the door. Who- why- how... no one knows about my house...

"I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! OPEN UP NOW!" Jungkook shouted, banging harder on the door. Jimin and I exhaled in relief. I really thought we were in trouble. I quickly ran to the door and yanked it open to find Jungkook's piercing glare.

"Do you know what time it is?! It's 8:00 AM! The bus left for the village by the port two hours ago! The professors went crazy because they couldn't find you two! The bodyguards are searching for you!" Jungkook snapped angrily. Oh shit... I totally forgot about it...

"How did you know we were here?" Jimin asked suspiciously.

"I came here once! Where else would this psychopath go? She keeps running back to this place," Jungkook snapped, darting me another glare. What did he just call me...? What a fucking dumbass...

"Don't call her that!" Jimin growled at Jungkook, who rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Come on! We need to head back before they find us!" Jungkook grumbled, tugging me out of the house. Jimin followed, and we left. Jungkook called to inform the professors... so they made a car pick us up along the way. About half an hour later, we stopped at a fishery village. It wasn't as worn-down as the previous village. This one was right next to the ocean. I could smell the salty ocean breeze the moment I got off the car. Ah... it's so refreshing...

"Ms. Jang and Mr. Park! Where have you been?! I told you the curfew is 10:00 PM!" The head professor came marching up to us in rage.

"They got lost in the city, so they stayed at another hotel. I found them through their registered names," Jungkook defended us. The professor eyed us suspiciously, so we bowed at him apologetically. I'm surprised Jungkook lied for us... I thought he'd report us...

"Araso, araso. Go and join them," The professor exhaled, nodding towards the group of alphas... busily rushing back and forth.

"Oh it's the supreme alpha."

"It's Jungkook oppa!"

"Look, it's Jimin oppa!"

We passed through the crowd of the lower ranks as they started to swarm around us. I smiled at them as we walked by. They must be living a hard life since they have to fight harder to keep themselves alive.