Survival - Fire - Chapter 30

Please make sure to reload/refresh the story for the latest updated ver. I'll be editing the mistakes tomorrow so I'd like to apologize in advance for any errors T_T Enjoy!

Revised Version

Next Morning

"Aigo! What a mess!" Someone shrieked, accompanied by loud footsteps. I groggily rolled over on the cold floor in exhaustion and shielded my eyes from the glowing sunlight.

"Get up! Get up! Why are you sleeping here?! You'll catch a cold!" The person gasps in a disappointed tone. Smack. Smack.

"Ah!" Jungkook and I both yelped, grabbing onto our butt in pain. I quickly got up with my eyes half open and squinted sleepily at imo, who was picking up the wine bottles scattered all over the floor. Why did she hit our butts???

"Aigo~ are you trying to shorten your life? Why did you drink so much? You should be accomplishing much greater things, but here you are, completely wasted," Imo grimaced at Jungkook and I in disappointment. Jungkook lazily pushed himself into a sitting position and leaned against the cupboard with his eyes closed.

"How dare you hit the alphas. I'm going to tell appa about this," Jungkook mumbled while rubbing his eyes as I pushed myself onto my feet.

"You've been reporting me to your father for over the past 10 years, yet I'm still here. Guess who's your father's favorite?" Imo ironically smiled at Jungkook while cleaning up our mess.

"I'm sorry," I suddenly burped out a foul alcoholic smell. Urgh... I shouldn't have drank so much. I stooped down to help imo pick up the bottles just as Jungkook pulled himself onto his feet.

"Leave it here. Aigo~ I can't believe the two of you. How can you drink so much, oh? It looks like 20 people drank here... aigo~" Imo shook her head and took the bottle out of my hand.

"I'm sorry," I slightly bowed at imo, crawled up the stairs, and out of the liquor cellar to be greeted by the breezy morning air. The sun hadn't fully risen yet, so it was very cool. I stretched out my arms and loudly yawned before walking over to the bench by the water fountain, then sat down with my eyes closed.

"Aish... I can't believe she dared to hit me," Jungkook groaned, walking over to me with his eyes half-open. He slumped onto the bench, turned his body, and laid his head on my lap to face the sky.

"Get up," I grumbled, pushing his head off my lap, but he refused to budge. Instead, he closed his eyes and repositioned his head back onto my lap. Aish... we need to prepare for class. I really shouldn't have drank last night. My head's aching. So I tilted my head backward, causing a surge of pain to spread across the back of my skull. Mohyah...? Did I hit my head last night? Did we fight?

"Yah. Did you hit me last night?" I murmured while rubbing the back of my head in confusion. I thought hard about last night, but I couldn't remember anything. I only recalled Jungkook talking about his mother. I didn't hurt my head when I entered the cellar. Did I accidentally hurt myself when I dozed off?

"Ani. I didn't. Don't you remember?" Jungkook shook his head and opened his eyes with his arms crossed over his chest. I glanced down at him in confusion.

"I can only remember up until you started crying... about your mother. Wae? Did I drunkenly hurt myself?" I asked, looking down at Jungkook as he stared at me with his head on my thighs. He suddenly reached out and cupped my cheeks with his hands, causing my heart to skip a beat.

"You don't remember? Like at all?" Jungkook asked, slightly tugging my face downward, making me lean down towards him.

"No, I don't remember," I shook my head cluelessly as he continued to stare at me with his hands over my cheeks. For a moment, he was lost in his own thoughts. Maybe he can't remember-