Survival - Phoenix Flame - Chapter 58

Please don't forget to refresh/reload the chapter a few times before reading to receive the latest updated version! Enjoy!

I updated this chapter without much revision because I was in a hurry so I'd like to apologize for any mistakes or errors! I'll try to fix it ASAP.

----------------

ThrowBack: The day the Cult was financially disabled.

''Let go of me!'' Park Bogum roars in frustration. He angrily shoves the table to the side while Yuri watches him with a restless expression.

''Why are you crying like a child? Do you have any idea what I went through for you-''

''FOR ME? IT'S NEVER FOR ME! YOU KNOW THAT! SO STOP SMUDGING ME WITH YOUR FUCKING SELFISH GREED- MY FATHER WANTED ME TO LIVE AN ORDINARY LIFE!'' Bogum yells at his uncle rudely when the man strikes Bogum's face with all his might.

''Did your mother die for nothing then?!'' The man roared at Park Bogum, who was weakly sitting on the floor in tears. A red bruise appeared across his left cheek. 

''You killed them! If Jang Sora was right, then it was you who murdered them!'' Bogum gritted at the man resentfully.

''You believe that bitch?'' The man scoffed, crouching down to glare at Park Bogum in the eyes.

''I don't know. But I do know one thing. You want the power that doesn't belong to you-'' Bogum flinched in fright when the man tried to hit Bogum again, but Yuri caught her father's hand to defend her cousin.

''What do you think you're doing?!'' The man snaps at his daughter in disbelief.

''That's enough,'' Yuri gritted while glaring at her father, so he slowly stood up... averting his dangerous eyes to Yuri.

''The audacity to run away like a coward, then return to leech off me. If you keep running away... One day you'll never return, just like your mother,'' The man seethed at Yuri, whose fingers started twitching at her father's insulting words. The past trauma... of painful memories swelled in her head... yet she sternly glared at him.

''You killed eomma,'' Yuri grits at the man.

''No. Look at the wrath in your eyes... I can sense your hatred, but I didn't kill your mother. Jang Sora did. The same girl you helped to fight against me. Your own father,'' The man growls at Yuri.

''You're not my father,'' Yuri glares at the cult leader.

''Stubborn just like your mother,'' The man smirks.

''You deserve to die a terrible death, and when the day comes... I'll be celebrating your death,'' Yuri snarls at the man.

''I won't be the one living with regrets. It's you,'' The man chuckles dismissively at his daughter.

''My regrets will subside once you die,'' Yuri glared at her father. The man's smile faded away as he unblinkingly stared at his daughter.

''I did not kill your mother. Refrain from living in your delusional past,'' The man sneers at Yuri in irritation.

''You killed her soul long before she passed away. The lights in her eyes died ever since she uncovered the purpose of your pathetic cult,'' Yuri snarls at the man in anger.

''She died when Ga Aera murdered her. The culprit is still alive... walking free... in the society,'' The man countered. Yuri stared at her father unsurely...

''Ga Aera?'' Yuri questions blankly.

''Jang Sora's birth mother. You thought your mother died because she ran away from me? No. She got into a staged accident because that truck was supposed to deliver my sister,'' The cult leader sneered at Yuri, who fell quiet at her father's word. The man glares at his daughter's beaten expression before striding out of Bogum's room.