Survival - Aegyo - Chapter 22

Revised Version

"Are you okay? Of course not. Why did I even ask?" Jimin stuttered, pushing my wet hair behind my ears with a very uptight look on his face. For some reason, Jimin was shaking. His face turned red as he examined the red chili paste on my face. I can't tell if he's worried or mad...

"I'm fine," I whispered, frowning at Haerim, who was still staring at me with a sour expression. She's not even sorry.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE FINE?! I'M BURNING!" Jiwoo yelped, frantically running his hands all over his body in discomfort. Jimin glanced at the alpha and averted his eyes to mine suspiciously as he pulled the cabbage off my head. It's true, I was burning from head to toe because of the hot chili paste, but I didn't want to worry him, so I held it in.

"Omo! Young lady! There's no way you're not feeling anything. Come on, both of you," An ajumma appeared, staring at me with her worried eyes. I couldn't feel my face anymore... it was numb from the burn. Ajusshi took Jiwoo away, so I went with the ajumma. She took me inside her house and into a small bathroom.

"Are you her boyfriend?" Ajumma turned to ask Jimin with a doubtful look because he followed me all the way inside.

"Neh, will she be alright?" Jimin bit his lips anxiously.

"She said she's fine, but her skin is turning bright red from the burns. I'll brew some mixture for her- keep pouring the icy cold water on her. I'll be right back," Ajumma rushed the rest of the ajummas towards the kitchen. Everything was burning. I wanted to cry and scream in pain, but I didn't. Jimin is already worried enough... I shouldn't worry him. It felt as if I was dropped in a boiling cauldron.

"I love you," Jimin whispered, shakily pouring the water over my head while I sat on a plastic chair. I rubbed the chili sauce off of my body and clothes. Yes, I'm still in my clothes. He poured the cold water over my face and gently ran his hands through my hair to rinse off the paste.

"I-I love you too," I whispered in guilt as I rubbed my face. He's really upset because he wasn't even smiling. His eyes are blank, so I can sense his frustration. Soon later, the ajummas returned with a bucket... in it was a milky substance filled with grounded leaves and flowers.

"It'll sting at first, but it'll ease the burn," She carefully placed the bucket down on the tiled floor.

"Thank you," I gave her a weak smile.

"You go grab her some warm clothes. She'll be showering," Ajumma sighed, nudging Jimin out of the bathroom. Jimin bit his lips and ran off. Ajumma left me alone in the bathroom, so I undressed my damp clothes, then poured the lukewarm milky water over myself. I felt a sharp sting at first but it did ease the burn. I used up all the mixture and splashed cold water all over my face- finally exhaling in relief. Ahh... I can barely feel the burn anymore ... I seriously thought I was gonna die from the burn. Jimin delivered the extra clothes I brought in the backpack he left on the bus. I quickly got dressed and walked out to find Jimin leaning against the wall with his arms crossed... nervously tapping his feet on the wooden floor as he waited for me.

"Does it still burn? Here, put on my hoodie," Jimin instantly rushed to me with the hoodie in his hands.

"Don't let her wear that yet. Let her cool off a little," An ajumma shook her head and smacked Jimin's arm. Jimin nodded and turned back to me.

"Tell me when you're cold, okay?" Jimin whispered while combing his hand through my wet hair. I nodded but didn't say anything. The professor took Haerim away to talk to her while all the other alphas returned to work.