Survival - Paradise - Chapter 29

I'd like to apologize in advance for any mistakes I missed, I will fix it tomorrow. So please make sure to reload the story before reading to receive the latest version! Enjoy!

Revised Version 

The room dropped dead silent as we dumbfoundedly stared at Hoseok and Minah. I didn't know how to react. I couldn't process what I was seeing... since when did they get together? Minah is with Jungkook... Why- why would she-? Thud thud thud. Heavy footsteps strode into the room. Taehyung appeared in his usual leather outfit and black boots with a troubled expression.

"What's going on? Why's everyone so tense-" Taehyung stopped dead in his tracks when his eyes landed on Hoseok and Minah, huddling on the bed with the blanket over their exposed bodies.

"Y-you said you weren't feeling well..." Jungkook stuttered at Minah with his glassy eyes. He's tearing up. Jungkook clenched his fist and was about to storm into the bedroom, but Taehyung was quicker. He caught Jungkook's arm and tugged him back. Jungkook grimaced at Taehyung and tried to pull his arm free. However, Taehyung only tightened his grip around his cousin.

"Get dressed. And come out," Taehyung ordered, reaching out to slam the door shut as Jungkook continued to resist him. Taehyung pulled Jungkook away from the door and forced him onto the couch.

"Sora... I think you should react," Yoongi whispered, cautiously eyeing Minho and Mira. Oh, right. They think I'm dating Hoseok... I should be upset. I bit the inner side of my mouth until tears swelled in my eyes. I shakily inhaled, then sat down on the couch with my arms crossed.

"Well... this is awkward," Mira whispered, exchanging glances with Minho.

"We're all as good as dead if Seokjin finds out," Yoongi exhaled, turning to stare at Hoseok and Minah as they stepped out of the room... keeping their heads down in embarrassment. Jungkook angrily glared at Minah and turned away in displease.

"He won't find out about this. We'll pretend as if nothing happened tonight, so no one is allowed to speak a word of what happened. If Seokjin finds out- aish... we're all on edge right now, and you two had to-" Taehyung gritted in frustration, turning to glare at Minah in disappointment.

"We'll keep this confidential until Seokjin retreats, but I doubt you can handle it. I mean- your boyfriend cheated-"

"I'll be fine," I gulped, cutting Minho off as I blankly averted my eyes to Hoseok, who was eyeing me apologetically. I'm worried about Jungkook... it was definitely a hard blow for him. Can he handle it? I'm only mad at Hoseok for messing up our plan, but Jungkook... Minah did him dirty.

"I'll speak with my parents. They made a deal with your parents, so it shouldn't be a problem," Yoongi nodded reassuringly.

"The four of you have to pretend as if nothing happened. We can't let this leak, so keep the personal sentiments to yourself, resolve it in private and avoid slipping it to the public. Seokjin is going to demand compensation. Therefore, I need all the households to side with us and reject his request," Taehyung glanced worriedly at Jungkook, who suddenly let out a heavy sigh. He needs time to process his feelings.

"Wah~ This is hot news, but I can't even expose it unless I have a death wish," Mira chuckled while shaking her head.

"We're in a huge mess now because someone didn't kill him when she had the chance to," Minho huffed, rolling his eyes at me in annoyance.

"Are you trying to blame me for-"

"If you didn't poison him- We wouldn't be-"

"Stop it! We can't afford to fight each other right now!" Taehyung snapped at Minho and I as we argued.