Survival - Maze - Chapter 1.3

Revised Version

"Everyone settle down," Mr. Jeon cleared his throat after darting his son a disappointed look. I slowly sat on the chair beside Mrs. Kim.

"What's wrong my Jungkookie?" Mrs. Jeon asks, leaning toward her son. He grimaces at her and quickly turns back to his phone.

"Let's enjoy dinner," Mr. Kim announced to break the tension within the dining room. Mrs. Kim started to fill my plate with food when she noticed I wasn't eating much.

"Oh my, thank you!" I slightly bow my head when she places some pieces of roasted turkey onto my plate. I want Korean food...

"Eat well, Sora-shi! Don't be shy!" Mrs. Kim grins at me.

"Neh, I'll eat well," I bowed my head again. It was really awkward to eat with strangers, so I carefully chewed my food little by little. If I was home, I'd devour my food like a pig. Fffs, I can't do that here. Jungkook let out a loud sigh before putting his phone away and he began eating his cold food. As I was eating... my eyes starts to wander around in curiosity, examining each one of them, when my eyes met another pair of eyes. Oh shit, I thought and looked away immediately. I slowly turned to look across the table again and Taehyung was still staring at me, this time he looks away though.

"Ahem..." He coughed, took a sip of his water, and continued eating.

"Can you pass me the salad?" Jungkook asked, pointing at the bowl of salad in front of me without looking up.

"Oh, neh," I replied, lifting the bowl and handed it to him. Jungkook was stuffing food into his mouth with one hand while he reaches out with his other hand.

"Ah thank you-FSSSS-" He murmured, finally looking up at me but before he could finish his sentence he started choking, causing the food in his mouth to spatter all over me. I froze in shock when I felt the wet cabbages on my face. Everyone stopped eating and turned to look at me. Taehyung sniggered in the corner, but Mr. Kim smacked his arm to stop him from laughing.

"Omo! Oh my Sora-shi!" Mrs. Kim gasped, pulling out the napkin to wipe the food off my face. Aish, this little shit. He was still staring at me as if I was an alien without saying a single word.

"Jungkook! Behave yourself!" Mr. Jeon snaps, firing Jungkook a sharp glare.

"Is it just me or is there a weird girl sitting in front of me?" Jungkook asks, turning to look at his parents with a baffled expression. Did he just...?! This one is super rude!

"Is it just me or are you seriously asking us that question?" Taehyung dawdled as he turned to look at Jungkook dead in the eyes.

"Who is she? Why is she here? She might be a spy!" Jungkook snaps at his dad. He's talking as if I'm invisible what the fuck.

"Jungkook! Show some respect! She'll be staying with us for a while," Mr. Jeon scolded his son, anxiously turning to look at me.

"He's right. Strangers shouldn't be allowed in this place," Mrs. Jeon agreed while staring at her wine glass with a smug smile. They don't even want me here!

"I don't want to argue in front of Sora, don't let me hear another word," Mr. Jeon warned, then turned back to his plate of food. Now I don't feel like eating anymore. I miss appa and eomma and mostly Yoongi. I want to go home.

"Sora-shi? Aren't you eating dear?" Mr. Kim asks looking at me in concern.

"Ah, neh. I'm full. The meal was delicious. I enjoyed it," I replied after snapping out of my thoughts.

"You barely ate anything. Are you feeling unwell?" Mrs. Kim asks, slightly squeezing my hand.

"I'll head to my room now," Taehyung got up and quickly walked out of the dining room.