Survival - Hidden Past - Chapter 17.3

I hope you'll enjoy the chapter! Please read it well! Thank you for reading! I love you!

Revised Version 

"Taehyung-ah..." I whispered, blinking in confusion after he withdrew his lips away from mine. Slowly... He opened his eyes to gaze right into my eyes. What- What did he just... do? He shouldn't be doing this to me or himself. He knows that. So why?

"Sora, I'm burning for you," Taehyung confessed in a breathy tone as he towered over me.

"I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. My heart belongs to someone else," I replied, letting go of his forearms and turned around to grab the door handle. I don't feel the same way as Taehyung... not anymore. At this very moment, I am in love with Park Jimin.

"Jamkkanman (wait a minute)," Taehyung whispered while holding on to my hand. I turned to look at our hands and then averted my eyes to him. Wae?

"Did you feel anything at all?" Taehyung asked, desperately searching my eyes for answers. The answer you're looking for doesn't exist, Taehyung-ah...

"No. I felt nothing- All I felt was confusion. I was shocked. I'm sorry," I shook my head without hesitation. I might've thought there was something between us... but there wasn't. He stood staring at me in disappointment.

"Get some rest," I whispered, tugging my hand away from his and drew the door open. Jimin quickly jumped to his feet since he was leaning against the wall. Oh? He was waiting by the door?

"Gwaenchana? What did you do to her? You need to respect her boundaries! It isn't right to drag people around and then lock them in your room!" Jimin quickly examined me before turning to glare at Taehyung in frustration. I'm so exhausted.

"Hajima, he didn't do anything," I muttered, pulling Jimin back when he tried to walk towards Taehyung. Taehyung's eyes averted to mine in surprise when I said he did nothing. Wae? Did he expect me to tell Jimin about the kiss? Ani, I won't. I'm not going to ruin their friendship.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Jimin asked in a concerned tone.

"I don't think we're okay at this point," I sighed, pushing the mansion's door open, then strode out into the breezy night. Jimin fell silent as we walked through the garden. Jimin and I sat down on the bench by the water fountain in silence. Slowly, I rested my head on his lap... turning to stare at the glowing water in the marble fountain.

"That glass of wine. It was meant for you," I whispered in tears. All the memories came rushing back into my head. The way Jungkook twisted in immense pain... it's killing me... I don't want to remember it.

"Moh?" Jimin asked while rubbing my shoulder to comfort me.

"Jungkook drank from your glass. You were the target," I reached out to squeeze his hand. I'm scared. I don't want Jimin to get hurt. The thought of it really pains me.

"Let's not think about this," Jimin sighed while running his hands through my hair. I turned to lay on my back, so I was now looking up at the sky and Jimin instead.

"Imo's food would make us feel better, don't you think?" I smiled at Jimin. The sky was very clear because I could see so many stars sparking within the dark sky. I tried to look for the brightest star, but my eyes landed on Jimin instead. His soft chuckles made me feel a little better. I guess he's the star I'm looking for.

"She owes us a free set since we're dating," Jimin grins, looking down at me as he spreads his arm over the bench.

"Yah, let's pay her for the set. I feel bad if we eat for free," I smiled, extending my arm to place my hand on his right cheek. He's so warm... and soft.