Survival - Candies - Chapter 19

Revised Version 

I sat quietly beside Jungkook but didn't look at him. Instead, I stared out the car's window as we waited at the traffic lights. Right across the street, a little boy was laughing happily with his mother, who was feeding him cotton candies. He must be happy. I envy his simple life. Sighing, I rubbed my wrist to feel the pain surging through my arm. I can't wish to escape from this society. Right now, I only wish I'm strong enough to survive it. I can't even wish for the happiness the little boy is experiencing. When did my life become so miserable? All the alphas must be used to this kind of life since they were born wealthy, not me though. I was born and raised in an ordinary society.

"BEEEEP!" The car suddenly halted, causing me to jerk forward, but thankfully, the seat belt held me in place.

"Why did he cross the road when the light is red?!" The driver gritted in annoyance. Jungkook leaned forward with a disapproving look on his face.

"Just leave," Jungkook sighed, sitting back when the guy slowly got onto his feet.

"YAH! ARE YOU BLIND!?" The guy roared angrily at us and hammered on the driver's window.

"Ahh~ Please wait a bit. I'll deal with him," The driver said in a low voice. My heart stopped beating when I noticed the driver grasping onto a gun. What is he doing??

"COME OUT NOW!" The guy demanded as he glared at the driver. I leaned forward anxiously as our driver got off the car with the gun in his hand. I leaned against the window to get a better look, and the person's upper arm was bleeding. He's hurt. I slowly turned to look at his face and quickly caught my breath. The driver hastily grabbed the person's collar with the gun pressed against his hip.

"What are you-"

"HAJIMA!" I scrambled out of the car in panic when Jungkook noticed me unblocking my seatbelt.

"Miss-"

"He's hurt! Don't you have any manners!?" I snapped angrily at the driver before averting my eyes to the guy.

"Oh? Drunk girl?" Bogum turned to look at me in surprise. Why do I keep on running into him?

"Ms. he might be dangerous-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I'M DANGEROUS?! YOU'RE THE ONE THREATENING ME WITH A GUN AFTER SPEEDING INTO ME!" Bogum snapped at the driver in disbelief.

"I know him. Please, don't hurt him. He needs to go to the hospital, come on," I pulled Bogum and pushed him into the car.

"Miss-"

"This is an order," I gritted quietly at the driver. I'm done. They can't abuse their power like this.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING-"

"WE RAN INTO HIM! HE'S HURT! WE HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE," I snapped at Jungkook. His jaw dropped in shock when Bogum slid into the backseat with him.

"Did you just-"

"Ahh... you're the mean boss, huh? I'm going to sue you if you don't take me to the hospital right now," Bogum turned to glare at Jungkook, who was glaring at me with a disapproving look.

"Ah~ this guy... Who do you think you are-"

"Ohoh! I'm going to report you-"

"Do you think-"

"I need to get my wrist checked too. You almost broke it!" I snapped at Jungkook.

"Yah. We have a doctor at home-"

"Will they treat him there?!" I shot Jungkook a sharp glare before glancing at Bogum, who was staring at us with his mouth hanging open.

"Nope! I don't care! We're going home!" Jungkook huffed, eyeing Bogum in irritation before turning away.